GH4 wishlist

Vesku

I think that at Chrismas we can hope some things for coming year. GH4 is in horizon. Panasonic guys are reading our posts. GH3 got many features users wanted. So lets not be too modest. Here is my hopelist for coming GH3 successor:

-autoiso in M (there is a high demand in the field)

-autoiso limit for video or iso range

-every menu item programmable to every Fn (maybe not format). I have only 4 items now that I absolutely want for Fn and none of them are possible??

-exposure values programmable to C1,2,3

-when recording video, ALL exposure values must show in automatic modes. Now those are blocked

-more C memory slots

-manual settings for creative mode

-AE/AF lock on-off-on-off etc., during recording

-better EVF resolution and better ocular

-no useless buttons

-4k video 50/60P (pal/ntsc switchable)

-bigger handgrip, better button layout ergonomics

-flat mode in video which uses whole sensor dyn range

-separate video/photo switch. So all modes and handy buttons is in use for video. And then all settings must be independant for video or photo.

-more options for bracketing. -2, 0,+2 steps would be handy for HDR

-playMODE button to right side. Now it is difficult to use because left hand holds objective.

-adjustable AF-range and mayby towards/backwards function if AF-C will not be good enough.

-iso 50 would be handy for video in bright light

-dual memory card slot and option to copy mem card.

-better microphone with wind shield option.

-more WIFI functions and recording options

-stepless aperture change in video

-better (louder) speaker

-more songs to slideshow and simple crossfade option

-if using slower than 1/25s shutter in video camera should go automatically to proper manual mode maybe with warning

-HDR video (dual iso) like ML canon

-faster timelapse (maybe 1/10s interval)

-obviously better and faster sensor. No more rolling shutter in silent mode and 1/100 000s SS.

-120 or more fps with proper resolution

-adjustable autofocus speed in video

-softer and better shaped eyecup

-adjustable tone curve via computer and other modifications like Nikon V1

-electronic stabilator (very handy especially with 4k)

-stepless smart zoom for video like rx10

-video editor with capability to smartrender finished program (smartphones have it)

-stepless adjustment wheel for exposure -rx10 has it (maybe switchable steps/no steps)

-in camera LED light for video

-open source firmware for developing or application store for new features - like sony nex5t

-cinematic look option button: (24P 1/48 ss, with greenish/brownish color cast) :o)

-red led with text VIDEO because every subject is always asking are you taking a photo or shooting video.

-lens cap which you can operate without taking it off camera

-small directional add-on mono microphone which sound you can mix with stereo mike.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 weeks later...

And what?

Funny and stupid mockup. Everyone can do it. Why it was shown at CES?  If GH4 is in same body than GH3 I would be dissapointed. They should do some improvements of ergonomics. Stupid EV-button was there.

Interesting to see what will happen.

It's just Panasonic's way of saying that they have a 4K GH coming soon.

Still, I imagine it will be pretty GH3 like. I'd prefer it to be a video camera first and foremost, with a more video appropriate design, but I think they'll go down the modular DSLR route.

Now I can see that GH4 will be much like GH3 with inner improvements. So now we can only affect FW issues because GH4 is pretty much ready now. So here is new list for FW improvements over GH3. I hope Panasonic guys see this.

-autoiso in M with EV corrections

-focus peaking obviously

-autoiso limit for video or iso range

-when recording video, ALL exposure values must show in automatic modes. Now those are blocked.

-if using slower than 1/25s shutter in video camera should go automatically to proper manual mode maybe with warning

-every menu item programmable to every Fn (maybe not format)

-exposure values programmable to C1,2,3

-manual settings for creative mode

-AE/AF lock on-off-on-off etc., during recording

- (pal/ntsc switchable)

-flat mode in video which uses whole sensor dyn range

-all settings must be independant for video or photo.

-more options for bracketing. -2, 0,+2 steps would be handy for HDR

-iso 50 would be handy for video in bright light

-more songs to slideshow (mp3 load option)

-faster timelapse (maybe 1/10s interval)

-electronic stabilator (very handy especially with 4k)

-stepless smart zoom for video like rx10 with zoom lever

My 5 cents Panny: a gradual exposure change for adjusting the shutter or iso in shot would be a great addition. Such a giveaway on dslr footage. 2k 60p or whatever it can muster would be great to have some form of slow mo. Please no moire/aliasing!!! I hope they don't feel the pressure to make it too small, I think we can all live with a little more heft for the sake of features. Would love if it had a half decent preamp on it.

Any idea why Panasonic would show a body of some kind but no footage or more info if the plan is to unveil it so soon?

• 3 weeks later...