Fuji X-T4

Andrew Reid

Hi @Brian Williams and anyone else who owns the camera

If you have time I was wondering if you could do a quick test for me... I'd like to know how well it stablises video when the camera is held at a portrait angle.  When holding it still and when doing slow movements. Most of my content is watched on phones so this is of interest to me.

Cheers

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 hours ago, Inazuma said:

Hi @Brian Williams and anyone else who owns the camera

If you have time I was wondering if you could do a quick test for me... I'd like to know how well it stablises video when the camera is held at a portrait angle.  When holding it still and when doing slow movements. Most of my content is watched on phones so this is of interest to me.

Cheers

As in, turning the camera 90 degrees sideways and shooting in portrait mode? Ok, I can do a test of that later tonight.

On 7/9/2020 at 3:28 AM, Brian Williams said:

Here's one more, with a slower move-

I feel like I see micro jitters in 'IBIS- Boost Off'

'IBIS+DIS-Boost On' looks best to me.

The jittering is visible even with DIS boost on.. I presume it may depend on the individual watching it, but I get the feeling that a frame is skipped... Fuji cannot seem to fix this...

Just pulled the trigger on a T4/Ninja 5 package B&H has on sale. Haven't used IBIS before. It will be interesting to see how it goes, especially with the camera in a decently heavy rig. It seems like the performance is variable depending on the settings and lenses used. Same for auto focus. We'll see. 

If I should just start a whole thread just for the IBIS saga(s), let me know:

I discovered today that even at identical focal lengths, the IBIS seems handle totally differently in shoot without lens mode now (I think on the old firmware it was the same in both modes) i.e. when you have a manual dumb adapter lens on the camera versus ANY native lens (not stabilised lens, I don't own any OIS lenses)

When you have a dumb/not-electronic lens on the camera the IBIS is still a bit floatier (I maybe dare even say 'smoother'), when you let your movement cease, the sensor can be seen slowly coming to a stop afterward, a bit of extra movement trails on. Looks fine, at least for me, maybe just more used to this.

BUT when you have a Fuji lens of the EXACT same focal length on, the IBIS is much tighter and doesn't continue floating in the same direction for that brief moment when you stop movement. It stops dead a bit quicker and, in my opinion, more robotically. This was the main change I thought I noticed with the newer firmware, I should note. But they never said anything like "we changed the IBIS performance but only for native lenses", did they? ((regardless of lens OIS))

This is both with or without IS Boost on, I'm starting to lose any/all sense of what difference IS Boost even makes any more tbh.

And I'm not using DIS at any point. Again, NOT using any stabilised lenses either.

Has anyone else noticed quirks with IBIS having a REALLY different feel to it across native vs manual lenses even at identical focal lengths? I did check the true FOV matched and all.

I was testing with Fuji 18mm and the Pentax P110 little 18mm f2.8

I have videos but it'll take me a day or two to get those.

2 minutes ago, rawshooter said:

AF and overheating are bummers with this camera. 

There doesn't seem to be a single mirrorless camera with APS-C sensor, IBIS, internal 10bit, reliable video AF (and no overheating).

Overheating along with unreliable auto focus, unreliable IBIS, and Log having serious macro blocking issues. 

8 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

My own camera, I stopped using flog 

I haven't noticed that yet... Were you recording 10bit ? Also I think IBIS is pretty good with the last update. My only problem so far is AF, and I am not sure about overheating, I haven't heavily tested long recording situations.

8 hours ago, neosushi said:

I haven't noticed that yet... Were you recording 10bit ? Also I think IBIS is pretty good with the last update. My only problem so far is AF, and I am not sure about overheating, I haven't heavily tested long recording situations.

Yep, its a killer. Only shows up in certain situations but when it does it makes footable pretty unusable at least to my standards. 

6 hours ago, BrunoCH said:

A music video shot on XT4 + Sirui anamorphic 50mm + Weebill S. 

F-log 10 bit H265, Editing FCPX, Color grading Resolve with RCM, without LUT

Beautiful! Some micro jitters at the very start but very nice.