Fuji X-T4

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
15 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

I own the camera, yes it can be turned off under the profile settings. If he used the FLAT setting with sharpening turned to 0 it would be a very different result.

So if you turn the sharpening down / off, does the Z6 have more or less the same acutance as an a7 III???

What is the default sharpness setting in the Z6?

In the X-T3 sharpness has an adjustable scale from -4 to +4, with zero as the default.

He probably shot all his tests at that location at the default settings,

then put them in the computer to see the results.

If he didn't like his first results he'd have to go back out on location again, reset the sharpness levels

on the Z6 to the lowest setting, as well as the other two cameras to get a fair comparison.

More time and effort. Comparing cameras this complex is not easy.

Just now, Inazuma said:

Someone as experienced as Max I have a hard time believing he would have overlooked the sharpening setting. Would love to see other comparisons.

I'd not be surprised. I am pretty sure he did a test(maybe it was another youtuber but they had equal experience regardless) and he left all the NR and Sharpness settings on default between like 5 different cameras. Really put some at a disadvantage. 

Max stated already couple of times that he uses default camera settings to show users what you get straight out of camera without any fiddling with settings. Unfortunately many if not most of Z6 videos on the web are using standard profile with this horrible over sharpening.  Fuji X-T4 would be perfect but for me this AF pulsing and harsh exposure stepping in auto ISO are deal breakers.  

There ought to be a law that these youtube reviewers include the Exiftool data from the shots

they used for each camera, especially the maker notes. Post it below the video.

For the X-T3 this displays a long list of settings including sharpness, noise reduction, film simulation,

dynamic range development, saturation, ISO, aperture, lens, etc etc. in an original camera's .MOV file.

(Transcoding looses the Fuji maker notes).

https://exiftool.org/
There are lots of Exif viewers online.

18 hours ago, Inazuma said:

Someone as experienced as Max I have a hard time believing he would have overlooked the sharpening setting. Would love to see other comparisons.

He always leaves the camera's on default setttings, also he doesn't set white balance, he uses the "daylight" or "cloudy" setting on the camera which each manufacturer sets differently. 

His excuse is that the "normal" person just leaves it on default settings, when anyone watching his channel should be trying to get the most that they can out of their cameras. 

(best part of the Exiftool site:)

What People are Saying about ExifTool

"In my experience, nothing but nothing is as complete, powerful, and flexible as Phil Harvey's exiftool ... I've never seen anything that's in the same ballpark for power." - dpreview forum

"... it is the mother of all EXIF utilities; the BFG of meta-data extraction; the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster of EXIF tools ... This thing will suck the last bit of metadata out of whatever image file you throw at it!" - Open Photography Forums

"... it is total fucking gibberish to me." - Reddit Linux Questions

5 hours ago, FS670ES said:

Fuji X-T4 would be perfect but for me this AF pulsing and harsh exposure stepping in auto ISO are deal breakers.  

I expect XT4 will have these same issues as XT3. Anyone coming from a prosumer camcorder to Fuji mirrorless for video will have

this problem. If you are used to grabbing a camcorder to start shooting immediately with practically invisible auto focus &

smooth auto exposure I'd have to say a Sony APS-C or a fixed lens mirrorless (or a phone) would be more to your liking.

The Fuji can still work for you but you'd need to evaluate a few things first, deciding on the right aperture and ISO for manual exposure,

and pre-focusing your subject manually or with one-time quick auto-s. This camera is great for the pros

who want total control, and gives Hollywood quality 10bit 4k60p images the camcorder

and the Sony APS-C can't touch. It requires more set-up but it gets easier with practice.

And maybe someday Fuji will wake up & kill that stupid exposure stepping.

4 hours ago, ade towell said:

The AF pulsing seems to have been fixed on the XT3, have never used auto iso though, always got exposure manually not sure I'd trust any camera for that

I've never experienced this AF pulsing but believe for those who have it's an AFC thing rather than an AFS?

Also, I tend to shoot only short, static sequences (1" sensor 'camcorder',  full manual for anything longer, locked off on a tripod) so again, maybe why I have not experienced/seen it myself.

I sat through this video so you don’t have to, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news: the camera showed signs of overheating really quickly. Yes, they seem to be in a very warm climate but according to the reviewer warnings about overheating popped up within minutes. If this will be the case with the finished production copies, it will certainly not be suitable for any serious work. 
Ominous to say the least, especially since there are several reports about issues with the X100V as well, from overheating to misaligned focus rings. Shame on you Fujifilm.