Fuji X-T4

Andrew Reid

22 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Didn't pay attention to the others but Kai definitely has no idea how to hold a camera for a video shot at least in that video review... what a mess! LOL Let alone the dirty allover that beauty... I'm sorry but that way to operate a capture device is simply not acceptable to my standards... : )

Without mention the IBIS itself, which means, what it is, there are distinct modes:

IBIS looked great in this video, that was with a non OIS lens. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
39 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

IBIS looked great in this video, that was with a non OIS lens. 

Those IBIS shots looked great because it was shot with a 35mm lens. The IBIS corner wobble artifacts are more pronounced in wider focal lengths, such as the 16mm lens used in many of the X-T4 reviews.

Just now, Oliver Daniel said:

So my Fujifilm contact is going to provide a loan unit to use on a commercial production. 

What Fuji lenses are the most appropriate for video? Read that a lot of them aren’t so smooth for manual focus. 

For native lenses probably the older primes the 35mm 1.4, 23mm 1.4, 16mm 1.4 and the 56mm 1.2, for the longer focus throw. The 16-55 2.8 is probably nice too for that. 

The newer F2 lenses have faster Auto Focus if you'll be using AF you might want to go with those. The auto focus on the older lenses is also kind of jumpy or steppy/mechanical looking sometimes. 

Going into the last settings(marked with a wrench) and switching focus from nonlinear to linear helps a lot to with manual focusing. 

If you want to go all out see if you can get ahold of the 18-55 2.8 cine lens. 

18 hours ago, colepat said:

Really beautiful video on this post:

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t4-vs-sony-a6600-ibis-managers-explains-fujifilm-improved-x-t4-tracking-mini-documentary-shot-on-x-t4-and-more/

The paramotoring video is the one I'm talking about. If it's handheld I feel like it looks amazing. 

Just heard back from them (Forged in the North), yes everything handheld and they used the 23mm 1.4 and 56mm 1.2.

Fuji's IBIS looks pretty amazing.

But that video also shows just how good Panasonic is at IBIS (by not being included). The GH5 and G9 are crazy impressive, but the IBIS and stabilization boost modes on the S1H are nothing short of remarkable for a full-frame camera. Truly amazing. 

But, Fuji definitely wins between Sony and Nikon.