Fuji X-T4

Andrew Reid

11 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Camera ops sometimes now and then listen to internal audio, to check the scratch track is ok. 

Plus there are countless low budget shoots which are recording direct to camera,  shoots for social media, or corporate interviews, and such. 

My thought process is if I was doing paid work where I needed in camera audio, I would pick a camera with a gain knob/dial and most likely XLR's. A DSLM headphone jack is solidly in the "nice to have" category for me.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, Video Hummus said:

So in the image you can see there is some wiggle room for the sensor to move around without vignetting (left side). On the GH5S the captured area, even in 16:9, goes right up to the limit of the image circle. The corners of the images would vignette heavily with a floating sensor on the GH5S.

Yet the GH5S has a greater crop factor than the JVC LS300?

That's what I was wondering about, surely that gap in size between the two allows a bit of room to "float"

1 hour ago, Trek of Joy said:

The IBIS has that ugly warping in every video I've watched so far. AF tracking looks like its taken a step forward. Solid camera if they can get the IBIS sorted. 

Chris

Looks a lot better than the XH1. I want to see IBIS without the electronic IS, as that sometimes makes things wonky. Would also like to see it on a lens that doesn't have OIS as thats mainly what I'd be using it for. 

1 hour ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Looks a lot better than the XH1. I want to see IBIS without the electronic IS, as that sometimes makes things wonky. Would also like to see it on a lens that doesn't have OIS as thats mainly what I'd be using it for. 

Is it the case that IBIS is inseparable from electronic IS, or just that no non-E-IS videos have been posted yet? *If only they could achieve solid IBIS, sans OIS etc

3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Yet the GH5S has a greater crop factor than the JVC LS300?

That's what I was wondering about, surely that gap in size between the two allows a bit of room to "float"

Yeah, Maybe it’s just a specification issue. The LS300 is a weird beast.

Would be cool to see a MFT+ specification that had lower crop factor, but you would probably lose tele-centric lens design ability and perhaps backward compatibility to existing lenses, unless perhaps, they developed their own VSM system as JVC did 😄

But now Fuji seems to have IBIS in super35 so they are taking solid steps to basically owning the crop sensor market.

Their lenses are still huge though. I was surprised how large their 200mm f2 is.

• Administrators

Is the X-T4 the basically an GH5 with larger sensor, but 3 years later?

I was expecting a bit more, and the Vlogging screen dumbs down what was quite a pro photographic feeling camera line.

The X-H2 is the one I will be getting, if it ever arrives.

It's a design that much less hipster, far more practical.

1080/240p is a first and great to have, so well done Fuji there.

It lacks the 6K headline feature that nobody actually needs! Bad marketing, but who cares.

Autofocus seems to be steadily improving, but it'll vary depending on the lens. The fast Fuji X-mount primes are not made for fast phase-detect AF.

I feel that Fuji long term is onto a winner with GFX 100 video specs in a $2500 medium format sensor size cam, which will get enthusiasts excited while the mainstream goes for X-T series.

It's a decent update, that's for sure, but price is creeping up to full frame land now and times are a-changin!

I see a far stronger long-term future for the GFX range than I do the X-T.

8 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

I was expecting a bit more, and the Vlogging screen dumbs down what was quite a pro photographic feeling camera line.

The X-H2 is the one I will be getting, if it ever arrives.

It's a design that much less hipster, far more practical.

1080/240p is a first and great to have, so well done Fuji there.

It lacks the 6K headline feature that nobody actually needs! Bad marketing, but who cares.

Autofocus seems to be steadily improving, but it'll vary depending on the lens. The fast Fuji X-mount primes are not made for fast phase-detect AF.

I feel that Fuji long term is onto a winner with GFX 100 video specs in a $2500 medium format sensor size cam, which will get enthusiasts excited while the mainstream goes for X-T series.

It's a decent update, that's for sure, but price is creeping up to full frame land now and times are a-changin!

I see a far stronger long-term future for the GFX range than I do the X-T.

Fujifilm has confirmed that X-H line will continue:

2 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Haha. The GH5 is still a monster. Still going strong. Use it all the time. A micro Arri Alexia with @Sage’s conversion. Best camera I’ve ever bought. 

I miss having the PDAF from Sony for gimbal use though. My GH5 gimbal work is half as good. 

X-T4 is intriguing. Probably the best all round camera you can buy, in terms of value. I know a guy from Fujifilm who has agreed to give me a loaner. Maybe I’ll fall in love. 

Canon R5 and A7SIII due. Expecting a GH6 to poke around at some point. Big battle for mirrorless this year. I expect all of them to be awesome. 

Lucky us. The only limit these days is the imagination. 

16 minutes ago, buggz said:

What?

No way, I'll take my GH5 for video over this everytime.  I use anamorphic and 6k all the time.

I don't see how this is an upgrade from my GH5.

Though, I do have an X-T2 for stills, now maybe for that...

Yeah the GH5 really still isn't beat with internal 422 and anamorphic and no record limit