Fuji X-T4

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Great value indeed, apart from the 30 minute limit and the strange headphone scenario I think I will eventually replace my XT3 with one of these (once they start turning up used anyway). The IBIS will hopefully be improved with firmware updates, seemed a little twitchy compared to the GH5 I've used.

I imagine the XT4 is going to need a new cage as it seems slightly bigger than its predecessor - been looking at smallrig cage for the XT3 but may just hold off if I can't use it on the XT4

8 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Any proof of that? Obviously if we squeeze a FF sensor into it then there won't be IBIS! ha

But do we know if even a MAR MFT sensor is "going too far" for IBIS?

Sensor in the GH5 is 17.3mm x 13mm. Almost every site that lists the GH5S does not list the sensor size correctly. It is 19.2mm x 13mm

Its “oversized” so the corners exceed the MFT image circle.

So in the image you can see there is some wiggle room for the sensor to move around without vignetting (left side). On the GH5S the captured area, even in 16:9, goes right up to the limit of the image circle. The corners of the images would vignette heavily with a floating sensor on the GH5S.

As well, the “open gate” 4:3 mode on the GH5S is actually a crop mode.

455B33FF-E54E-4AC8-B7F7-4666DCDB3843.jpeg

16 hours ago, KnightsFan said:

What are some cases where people use the headphone jack on their DSLR/DSLM? I don't think I ever have. Either I'm running external audio, or it's not serious enough to need to need to tell whether something went wrong.

Same here. If it's important enough to monitor, I'm using an external recorder and monitoring that.

I think if anything, the XT4 puts a hurting on MFT manufactures. It’s a crop sensor camera, but one of the much less maligned variety, apparently.

Definitely IBIS is the new 4K. I absolutely hate using a gimbal since I have to with my non stabilizer GH5S. I’m seriously contemplating pickup up a EM1.3 and giving it a run. But I’m going to wait and see what Panasonic drops with the GH6.

No weather sealing is a no buy for me for the XT4. I like to shoot in harsh conditions. The recording limits are also kind of a deal breaker as well. Are they a hard limit or are they they based on actually temperature readings?

1 minute ago, Video Hummus said:

No weather sealing is a no buy for me for the XT4. I like to shoot in harsh conditions. The recording limits are also kind of a deal breaker as well. Are they a hard limit or are they they based on actually temperature readings?

Oops, I didn't see this limitation?  I was using my E-M5iii in the pouring rain/mud last week with a lens-hood and not a problem with it and the 12-100/4 lens.  For the stuff I shoot in the UK weather, sealing is a must.

4 minutes ago, sgreszcz said:

Oops, I didn't see this limitation?  I was using my E-M5iii in the pouring rain/mud last week with a lens-hood and not a problem with it and the 12-100/4 lens.  For the stuff I shoot in the UK weather, sealing is a must.

They don’t mention it on any promotion material or spec sheet. Independent tests say it is weather sealed and pretty well too...so maybe not an issue? 

1 hour ago, Video Hummus said:

buy for me for the XT4. I like to shoot in harsh conditions. The recording limits are also kind of a deal breaker as well. Are they a hard limit or are they they based on actually temperature readings?

The camera is definitely weather sealed. From Fuji's website:

"The X-T4 features an all-new fixed-axis 6.5-stop* in-body image stabilization (IBIS) mechanism and a new large-capacity battery that enables extended hours of shooting. These new components are housed inside a compact weather-sealed body that is dust- and moisture-resistant, capable of working at temperatures as low as minus 10 degrees Celsius. The ergonomic grip allows you to hold the camera steady even when using larger telephoto lenses."