Fuji X-T4

Andrew Reid

5 hours ago, Django said:

Panasonic are literally in survival mode:

Panasonic interview: 'If we stay united I think we will survive'

Rather have them say this then blow smoke up my ass.

Furthermore, it’s true. They are trying to break into a extremely crowded full frame market. I have no doubt the Canons R5 is, in part, a reaction to this. I would say Canon has a much better chance simply because Panasonic has yet to convince people of their AF performance, no matter how good their full frame image is or how many features their cameras have.

Conversely, Canon can remove feature as long as they have good color and have DPAF.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 hours ago, androidlad said:

You can, I literally said that.

Good grief, someone was missing their morning coffee! Apologies. 

8 hours ago, Django said:

Panasonic are literally in survival mode:

Panasonic interview: 'If we stay united I think we will survive'

They're talking about the tough FF market , don't think they mean specifically MFT 

6 hours ago, KnightsFan said:

What are some cases where people use the headphone jack on their DSLR/DSLM? I don't think I ever have. Either I'm running external audio, or it's not serious enough to need to need to tell whether something went wrong.

Camera ops sometimes now and then listen to internal audio, to check the scratch track is ok. 

Plus there are countless low budget shoots which are recording direct to camera,  shoots for social media, or corporate interviews, and such. 

3 hours ago, Video Hummus said:

Yes, but if you want IBIS in the GH6 there won’t be a MAR sized sensor in it.

Any proof of that? Obviously if we squeeze a FF sensor into it then there won't be IBIS! ha

But do we know if even a MAR MFT sensor is "going too far" for IBIS?

Perhaps it should've been named "X-T3 mark 2" since Fuji says it is a "sister camera" to T3 (with IBIS). And I don't see serious jump over my X-H1.

On serious side: is it's video 10 or 8 bit, 4:2:0 or 4:2:2, internally or externally?

Very good price for what their offering, shame about the headphone jack but at least its not the microphone in. We'll see what further testing brings to the table.

Honestly the biggest feature for me is separated photo and video settings and bigger battery, those things drove me crazy when I tested the XT-3. 

3 minutes ago, Novim said:

Perhaps it should've been named "X-T3 mark 2" since Fuji says it is a "sister camera" to T3 (with IBIS). And I don't see serious jump over my X-H1.

On serious side: is it's video 10 or 8 bit, 4:2:0 or 4:2:2, internally or externally?

It's the exact same as the XT-3 10 bit 4:2:0. Only added spec is 1080p 240 fps.

43 minutes ago, Geoff CB said:

Honestly the biggest feature for me is separated photo and video settings and bigger battery, those things drove me crazy when I tested the XT-3. 

I know the XT4 has a hardware switch for video photo, but so does the XT3, it's just in a different place. I'm hoping that add this over to the XT3, surely it's only software.

Silent control is all well and good, but I still want my aperture ring to work in movie mode. (or the scroll wheel to change aperture on lenses without a ring). In fact, the only thing I want to change when I switch from still to video is the shutter speed to default to 1/50. Ideally all other dials, switches and wheels should stay operable. Touch controls suck.