Fuji X-T4

Andrew Reid

1 hour ago, androidlad said:

Source is on fire today, apparently new firmware 4.0 for X-T3 is around the corner:

IMG_3229.thumb.JPG.acbcd4fc5a5d47e6c312fa39d91a7e0f.JPG

HD/240 is going to be a standard thing now?  I like where this trend is going.

On 2/20/2020 at 1:20 PM, Julien416 said:

Doesn't seem to be the case according to the linked document.

I hope this isn't true.

Could you shoot full sensor with an anamorphic lens and crop though?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 hours ago, wolf33d said:

I used the XT3 and A7III side by side for 2 weeks, the Sony had much better AF, and the A7III is not that good. The new AF in the A7RIV is way better. 
So to answer your question, no, XT3 doesn’t have a great AF, people happy with it have never tried Canon DPAF or latest Sony AF.

Yeah, well your past posts have shown a bias against Fuji; I’ve owned both the A7iii as well as the X-T3 (I’ve got full-blown  gear acquisition syndrome, though it’s true that I do tend to skip Canon due to their sensors always scoring lower than Sony-made sensors) and the idea that the X-T3’s AF is somehow subpar is ridiculous. No, it’s not dual pixel, as I said, but yes, it is as good as Sony’s. If you want to disagree with almost everyone here and almost every reviewer out there, I won’t stop you.

1 hour ago, Brian Williams said:

Yeah, well your past posts have shown a bias against Fuji; I’ve owned both the A7iii as well as the X-T3 (I’ve got full-blown  gear acquisition syndrome, though it’s true that I do tend to skip Canon due to their sensors always scoring lower than Sony-made sensors) and the idea that the X-T3’s AF is somehow subpar is ridiculous. No, it’s not dual pixel, as I said, but yes, it is as good as Sony’s. If you want to disagree with almost everyone here and almost every reviewer out there, I won’t stop you.

I think the A73 is better but not by a lot. Also the A73 auto focus is very very good. Just because there is better doesn't make the A7III's bad. Its like saying the Panasonic S1H sucks because the Arri Alexa has a better image. 

Anyways this new auto focus update is crazy if true. 

I have never tried a Sony A7anything but find that so many internet reports in regard to Fuji this or that are down to user error such as simply relying on the straight out of box set up and never bothering to fine-tune the set up.

Is the Sony (and Canon) AF better than Fujis? Probably but not by as big a margin now as some older or flawed reports would suggest.

But as I say, not had a Sony to compare to and the XT3 performed really well all last year at over 25 weddings with no issues. No overheating, no AF problems and no anything negative that NON REGULAR USERS/OWNERS tend to state.

And I am not a Fuji 'fan boy' for the sake of being one, just someone for whom they have been producing the best tools for my specific needs in recent times. I could flip to anything else I desired (within financial reason) any time but choose not to for a reason and that reason being actual real world regular use.

Just sayin' 😝

I shot Fuji for pro work during 2 years. In my experience the AF results were really dependant on two things: the glass used & the available light.

I like to shoot with fast glass and that was always a problem, but more dependant on the lens design then cameras AF.

I'd really like it if Fuji redesigned their fantastic 23mm F1.4, 35mm F1.4 & 56mm 1.2mm primes for video AF. 

Those lenses weren't made with video in mind as Fuji bodies hardly shot any video at the time those were released.

If I were to enter Fuji system again today, I would probably acquire the F2 WR lenses, but I already know they aren't close to having the mojo of their faster older lenses..

I'd really like it if Fuji redesigned their fantastic 23mm F1.4, 35mm F1.4 & 56mm 1.2mm primes for video AF. 

Yes yes and yes.

Well yes to the former and latter anyway...

Currently with the 23mm f2 and 50mm f2 because they are so much better for (AF) video, albeit I'd prefer the f1.4 and f1.2 versions for stills.

As a hybrid shooter though, I have to compromise (because carrying and changing extra lenses is a no no for me) and it's not a bad compromise at all.

I really hope Fuji give these old warhorses a tweak soon because if they can make them better for video, I probably would trade.

I am all waiting for Viltrox 1.4 primes, if they are OK in terms of quality and AF I will most likely grab them along with XT-4. I don't need them to be the sharpest ever or something, just good enough. In terms of price and weight they are already very good judjing from published specs. Slapping 23 1.4 with XT-4 on a gimbal should be a very pleasant experience. 

2 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Nice thanks, The 85mm is anything but compact, I understand why, but though maybe they'd keep a similar size for the other lenses. I feel like Sigma tend to do that.

85 was made for FF originally they just swapped the mount. Those lenses on the other hand are build for APC-S from the start. 

Fuji's lenses are what frustrate me the most. They have it backwards.

Fast expensive primes: loud, slow focus, not weather sealed.

Slower primes: weather sealed, faster focus, not as fun to use and look ridiculous with my large filters.

Ultrawide zooms: either don't take filters, or aren't weather sealed.

The 14mm 2.8 and the 23mm 1.4 both with the manual focus clutch would be an awesome 2 lens setup for video if they were updated. 14mm on a x-t30 with a gimbal, and the X-T4 with 23mm for handheld.

My hope is fuji have been quiet about the lens roadmap because they don't want to hurt current lens sales by announcing too far in advance that updated lenses are coming in 2020

7 minutes ago, Lars Steenhoff said:

https://twitter.com/nokishita_c

This is the best source for any camera that are not yet released.

Nokishita is an excellent source, but sadly only for short term rumors.

Fujirumors leaked 80% of the X-T4 specs before nokishita for example, and is better in long term rumors.

Nokishita gets the specs only once the press release is send to press and stores

10 hours ago, Wonder X Man said:

Nokishita is an excellent source, but sadly only for short term rumors.

Fujirumors leaked 80% of the X-T4 specs before nokishita for example, and is better in long term rumors.

Nokishita gets the specs only once the press release is send to press and stores

I am pretty sure each company have a "secret" corespondent with each rumor site with the exception of SAR, their rumor tend to backfire on Sony big time 🤣

Canonrumors also have really good track record, i m not sure who run the mirrorlessrumor but at first they said there is no 8K from Canon and but later retract.

Dpreview also start posting rumors too but I think they are probably more reliable as they tend to get actual products before public announcement, so if the rumor site post spec pretty close to what they getting on hand they tend to post it too, and because they just relink the rumor they are not breaking the NDA lol.