Fuji X-T4

Andrew Reid

Was hoping for a slightly bigger grip this time round but other than that, all looking decent.

Not seen any mention of a battery grip and though for ergos would prefer, for a good compromise of size & weight etc, a non battery job does it for me.

Most interested now in video crop ratios as my output is 2.4:1 it would be great to be able to actually shoot it in camera!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, MrSMW said:

Was hoping for a slightly bigger grip this time round but other than that, all looking decent.

Not seen any mention of a battery grip and though for ergos would prefer, for a good compromise of size & weight etc, a non battery job does it for me.

Most interested now in video crop ratios as my output is 2.4:1 it would be great to be able to actually shoot it in camera!

I am assuming it'll have a battery grip option. The grip on the XT3 sucks though, it shuts off when switching to the next battery. The GH5 grip will just automatically switch even if you are recording. I'd love the XT3 much more if the battery grip wouldn't do that. I still love it though 🤣

1 minute ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I am assuming it'll have a battery grip option. The grip on the XT3 sucks though, it shuts off when switching to the next battery. The GH5 grip will just automatically switch even if you are recording. I'd love the XT3 much more if the battery grip wouldn't do that. I still love it though 🤣

No it doesn't shut off or stop recording when switching battery on X-T3. I have one with grip and all three batteries. Switching is seamless.

It was the case on X-T2 and X-H1.

This is totally the XH2 without the top LCD and a new flippy screen. Same sensor and likely pretty much the same spec, released about a year and a half after the XT flagship with IBIS and so on. They're just giving it the look and brand of its best selling high end body. Though its good to see Fuji finally addressing some common complaints like the articulating screen and of course the battery - which I never had an issue with shooting stills, but it runs down pretty quick shooting video.

Even though its an upcycled XT3/XH1 mashup, its still far more impressive than Sony's lackluster refreshes with the a6100/6400/6600. Kudos to Fuji for being proactive and trying new things.

I hope the bleach bypass looks like the image posted above, that and eterna would be sick.

Chris

• Administrators

In my view it just isn't an X-H2.

The X-H2 body feels twice as expensive and twice as robust as an X-T3.

It feels like Fuji took the safe and cheap option. Definitely not a bad camera but I need that X-H2 at some point. They better not have cancelled it.

Plus where is anamorphic mode?

One annoyance I just noticed with the XH2, I hate the fact that you still have to flip a switch to go between stills and video. On an average day I shoot hundreds of photos and dozens of video clips. It gets annoying fast. That killed the switch on my XT2 requiring a $250 top plate replacement. It’s clunky, just let me stab the record button on the fly. 

chris

Never had that problem in my 3 years with XT2. I personally like stills/video toggle switches, however I hated how far apart the movie mode was to single shot stills in the sub-dial. Kinda sounds like that has been "fixed" in the new sub dial config. Pricing is smart, like I said anything above 1700 mark and it would have been a hard sell. Only thing I'm kind of bummed about is the flip screen, much preferred the tilt mechanism from previous cams.

I must admit I'm kind of disappointed. Fuji had all the lights full green to create the perfect little pocket rocket video camera. They could have gone as far as it is technologically feasible and as far as their budget allowed, cause they don't have any camera division sales to protect. We were all hoping 6k, more pronounced grip, a flip screen a la S1H/xt100, etc.
I am pretty sure it will be a wonderful camera, but they basically only added  IBIS, new film simulation and flip screen... Wich is quite nice but they could have made something really better than that. At least, everything indicates that what I hope will come, and it will be named XH2...

The XH2 will still come. 

In reality the XH1 should have been the XT3 with IBIS and the XT3 should have been what the XT4 is. That said its ok, Fuji is still doing more than most companies. 

TBH The XT4 will be an ideal camera. Nice bright screen, IBIS, great image as per Fuji, and great battery life(especially with a grip). It needs to get rid of the record limits tho. 

More infos from Fuji Rumors:

-No Pixel-shift yet.

-USB PD protocol implemented, as it charged very quickly with a PD 30W USB-C charger. Not so fast with a normal QC charger.

-IBIS can go up to 6.5 stops with some of the prime lenses.

-Priced at 1700 USD.

-Multiple Boost modes including normal / economy / boost AF / boost FPS / boost Res etc.