Fuji X-T4

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
4 hours ago, IronFilm said:

How was the X-H1 a "disappointment"??

I remember many on here being excited about it, as it was Fuji's best camera at the time!

Is only in context of history as we look back with the X-T3 does the X-H1 seem a little "disappointing"

I still prefer to shoot with the X-H1 😂

Hopefully X-T4 will be an X-H2 down to the millimetre and even the exact curvature of the nice deep grip.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, IronFilm said:

How was the X-H1 a "disappointment"??

I remember many on here being excited about it, as it was Fuji's best camera at the time!

Is only in context of history as we look back with the X-T3 does the X-H1 seem a little "disappointing"

It was because they dropped the XT3 so soon after. I think it would have been better to do the X-H1 with an XT3 sensor right off the bat. But those marketing guys probably know better than me.

4 hours ago, Brian Williams said:

Well the main differences between the two was the X-H1 having IBIS vs the X-T3 with that awesome codec with ALL-I/ high bitrate/10bit.

So either the XH1 is getting that same codec/bitrate treatment, or the XT3 is getting IBIS... really just depends on how you want to look at it.

I don’t mind which way they do it but would prefer it in the XH1 body given the choice.

Just under 2 weeks and all will be revealed...

The compact size was something I always liked about the XT series so I’m glad it’s not such a radical departure by design. I’m sure they’ll make a grip attachment for those who need it. IBIS, a bigger battery, and a movie toggle switch are the top things I wanted improved after using the XT-3. I just hope it handles heat better and doesn’t have any recording limit.

More than anything, what this doesn’t have shows that there’s still room for an X-H2, just hopefully sooner than later!

48 minutes ago, JR Lipartito said:

The compact size was something I always liked about the XT series so I’m glad it’s not such a radical departure by design. I’m sure they’ll make a grip attachment for those who need it.

I like the compact size, but that grip is terrible. After using a friend's XT3 I found the grip to be terrible. It's not just that it's small, there's no lip above the middle finger so when held in one hand all of the weight is supported by friction alone. I looked into grip attachments, but they all just add more mass to the grip, none actually add that contoured lip that rests on your fingers. I looked into designing and printing my own, but the placement of the shutter release means that even with a small contoured grip, your index finger has to contort to get to the shutter. It's probably fine for a lot of people, but 8 hours into a hike and I'm climbing a rock to get a shot, that little lip is so much more comfortable and secure.

Long story short, that design is an absolute deal breaker for me.

Loved the early look at the camera. Was a huge fan of the XT3. Ultimately decided to stay with my GH5 because of IBIS and flip screen. Now the XT3 has it. My wife has the XE3 with the 16-55 and 35mm 1.4– being in the same ecosystem would make projects a lot simpler to pack for. 

Would love to see the Viltrox primes announced soon though, the Fuji 35mm 1.4 is slow and loud for focus.

17 hours ago, colepat said:

Loved the early look at the camera. Was a huge fan of the XT3. Ultimately decided to stay with my GH5 because of IBIS and flip screen. Now the XT3 has it. My wife has the XE3 with the 16-55 and 35mm 1.4– being in the same ecosystem would make projects a lot simpler to pack for. 

Would love to see the Viltrox primes announced soon though, the Fuji 35mm 1.4 is slow and loud for focus.

I am hoping the 3 xf lenses that are suppose to be released in 2020 are updated 23 1.4, 35 1.4, 56 1.2. With fuji really advancing in video, they desperately need these to be usable for video.

1 minute ago, Carz said:

I am hoping the 3 xf lenses that are suppose to be released in 2020 are updated 23 1.4, 35 1.4, 56 1.2. With fuji really advancing in video, they desperately need these to be usable for video.

Agreed - and much quieter AF. Though, I do love their F2 primes and that's usually pretty great for AF on a gimbal.

I'm pumped for this camera. Not sure it will be my main one, but I love Fuji for photography or for traveling/lightweight cinema setup, so an XT3 + IBIS + much better battery life is along something to get excited about. Hope there are still some surprises to come, but even just that is pretty exciting. 

10 hours ago, Márcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

Still beyond me why Fuji dropped their best LCD hinge implementation - the XT100. That one and the S1R are the best LCD hinges, pleased everyone - flip and flippy at the same time.

Yes it makes the X-T4 much wider.

I had the xt100 and would prefer that screen.

It's funny they call the xt-4 screen fully articulating when in fact its not, the xt-100 screen was fully articulating.