Fuji X-T4

Andrew Reid

8 hours ago, Trek of Joy said:

This rumor is really losing steam as the XT4 is looking like another XH1 disappointment, without the 6k capabilities the 4k120 seems like a non-starter as well. 

I don't feel this way. The X-T3 is an awesome camera and many have said, how much they like the camera. If asked what was missing in the last months, no one said 6K or 4K 120fps. It was IBIS and better battery life all the time. The X-T4 seems to deliver just that. If they manage to get the price close to the X-T3 price, that's an outstanding value. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

As a small camera, I'll be happy with X-H2 style X-T4... Basically the X-H1 body design but with X-T3 video specs and a bit extra, like an anamorphic mode.

Doesn't have to be 6K or 4K 120fps!

I will always need a good Super 35mm option for my Arriflex lenses and LOMO OCT19

Anamorphic better suited to S35 as well.

Not everything has to be a full frame R5 monster cam and cost $4000!

On his YouTube channel Theoria Apophasis believes it's too early on the T series cycle to be an X-T4, so perhaps an H camera with a built-in battery grip to mark the Japanese Olympic Games. If so, expect it to be at least the launch price of a X-H1 plus the battery grip, maybe a bit more. Be interesting to see how this one shapes up, and what gets carried over in a firmware update for existing X-T3 owners. Fuji is very much on it at the moment.

25 minutes ago, TrueIndigo said:

On his YouTube channel Theoria Apophasis believes it's too early on the T series cycle to be an X-T4, so perhaps an H camera with a built-in battery grip to mark the Japanese Olympic Games. If so, expect it to be at least the launch price of a X-H1 plus the battery grip, maybe a bit more. Be interesting to see how this one shapes up, and what gets carried over in a firmware update for existing X-T3 owners. Fuji is very much on it at the moment.

That’s great but Fujifilm announced the development of the X-T4. You really think they are pulling a quick one on us and someone random YouTube person knows better?

I have a feeling this giant countdown clock to the announcement of the Fuji XT4 on the official Fuji website is a good indication it will indeed be the XT4: https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/lp/x-t4-teaser/

--

I'm pumped to see what this camera is. Totally agree that 6k isn't necessary. IBIS, much better battery life, maybe one-stop better ISO performance, and more professional codec options is way more important than 6k.

120fps in 4k would be sweet though.

10 minutes ago, TrueIndigo said:

I don't know, you're probably right; be interesting to see how it shakes out. Everyone has their ideas, ultimately we'll have to wait for the Fuji announcement.

I’m saying there is no grey area, Fuji announced they X-T4. YouTubers and random commenters keep perpetuating the idea that some sports camera is coming. There isn’t.

However, I am sure that we will see a few body carryovers from the X-H1 line.

19 minutes ago, RWR said:

Dunno..that's pretty cryptic  ;)

Re removing the clip time limit of XT3, doesn't that cam overheat at times?

Yes, there is inconsistent overheating. Hopefully some improvements via body size and efficiency allow overheating to be a thing of the past.

5 minutes ago, Wonder X Man said:

But rumor has it it won't shoot 6K at all. I saw this sensor data sheet on weibo, too.

My question is: if this isn't a data sheet for the about to be announced Fuji, where did it come from? Did someone go though all the trouble to create it just to mess with people. Or, is it a data sheet for a proposed camera or in the earlier stage of development? I know a lot of folks want to insist that the forthcoming T4 with IBIS will be a defacto merger of the T and H lines, but the FujiRumors guy keeps insisting that an XH-2 is still planned for the future. 

Just something to think about.

On 2/13/2020 at 10:40 AM, KnightsFan said:

I've taken it with a serving of salt ever since he said the A7s3 would have an addon unit to allow raw recording on the AXS-R7 recorder back in *checks* 2018. I mean rumors and speculation are to be expected, but it's nothing more than that until an announcement.

Wellllllllllllll........ he isn't proven wrong yet!

Let's first wait (another two years?) and see if the a7s mk3 has a raw unit or not 😉 

On 2/13/2020 at 1:16 PM, Trek of Joy said:

This rumor is really losing steam as the XT4 is looking like another XH1 disappointment, without the 6k capabilities the 4k120 seems like a non-starter as well.

How was the X-H1 a "disappointment"??

I remember many on here being excited about it, as it was Fuji's best camera at the time!

Is only in context of history as we look back with the X-T3 does the X-H1 seem a little "disappointing"

On 2/13/2020 at 2:39 PM, ade towell said:

Yep, I couldn't give a shit about 6k, just give me IBIS, flippy screen, better battery - the 30 minute limit removed, full size hdmi, and an easier 10 bit to edit would be icing on.the cake but I don't want anything that will push the price too high. The  XT3 is a great camera that just needs a few improvements, big difference to Canon who are finally coming out guns blazing after all the crap they've been serving up these last few years.

The R5 sounds like it will be a great camera too but at a much higher price with big heavy full frame lenses required. I much prefer the sleak svelte Fuji system

This. THIS!

Exactly this. 

X-T4 doesn't need 4K. 

Just add IBIS, plus further refinements (such as a full size HDMI, and my personal pet hobby horse... TC I/O!!).

I said the same thing on another forum this morning which is everything about this camera points towards a replacement for the XH1 rather than the XT3.

It’s very strange...

But regardless, I am also in this camp of ‘XT3 spec + IBIS + improved battery’ and that is enough for 99% of us.

2 hours ago, MrSMW said:

I said the same thing on another forum this morning which is everything about this camera points towards a replacement for the XH1 rather than the XT3.

It’s very strange...

But regardless, I am also in this camp of ‘XT3 spec + IBIS + improved battery’ and that is enough for 99% of us.

Well the main differences between the two was the X-H1 having IBIS vs the X-T3 with that awesome codec with ALL-I/ high bitrate/10bit.

So either the XH1 is getting that same codec/bitrate treatment, or the XT3 is getting IBIS... really just depends on how you want to look at it.