Fuji X-T4

Andrew Reid

41 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

I hear this a lot, but I have no problems with it at all - what's the beef?

Granted, I only do minor adjustments, but I'm not running into anything that's all that challenging. 

Maybe I should try again, didn't since X-T1 / X100s times, but the performance was horrible (16 megapixel X-Trans files loading way slower than files from a 5D III or D750)  and the manipulations behaved very differently than with regular CMOS raw files.

Besides the editing of the raw files, I really liked the cameras for stills photography (video on X-T1 was absolutely unusable obviously).

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If the specs are for real and it doesnt overheat and rolling shutter is controlled, then I'll sell my S1. Not that I'm not satisfied with Panasonic but their lenses are just too overpriced.  Also Sirui has an x mount anamorphic lens which takes away all the hassle with adapters and diopters. Not to mention viltrox is coming out with affordable 1.4 lenses to compete with Fuji.

1 hour ago, Justforfun said:

If the specs are for real and it doesnt overheat and rolling shutter is controlled, then I'll sell my S1. Not that I'm not satisfied with Panasonic but their lenses are just too overpriced.  Also Sirui has an x mount anamorphic lens which takes away all the hassle with adapters and diopters. Not to mention viltrox is coming out with affordable 1.4 lenses to compete with Fuji.

I am hoping they do something about overheating, not sure what? The S1H went the crazy route with the fans but I guess it was what needed to be done. 

If you can handle the S1 rolling shutter I'd assume you can with the XT4 as it'll likely be the same if not better than the XT3.

Any word on video record limits? Seems like if they wanted to go after Panasonic for the hybrid video king, you would need to figure out how to never overheat and have no clip limits.

I am actually unhappy with my S1. I've had issues with various (expensive) SD cards. about 1 in every few hundred clips will not write to the card forcing me to pull the battery. This happened on a paid shoot and was very embarrassing. I don't want to record onto an external device (loud/power hungry/heavy/expensive). I was planning to get an S1H as an A cam and S1 as a B cam, but now that I'm having trouble with the S1, I am considering getting 2 XT-4s and moving to the Fuji system. But if there are overheating/video clip limits, that is going to be a deal breaker no matter how great the images are.

14 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Our Pharaoh also reported trouble with Fujis! Now Pannys... *cough cough* Seems clear it is not only Blackmagic to have issues... ; -)

I've always used Panasonics (GH3, GH4, GH5) and have never ever had a problem. They were all workhorse cameras. But on the FB group for the S1/S1H there are lots of reports of card issues. Even using V60 and V90 cards. The Xt4 looks like a dream camera, but so did the S1. Its all about reliability, and hopefully Fuji gets it right with this one.

21 minutes ago, FreshGiant said:

I've always used Panasonics (GH3, GH4, GH5) and have never ever had a problem. They were all workhorse cameras. But on the FB group for the S1/S1H there are lots of reports of card issues. Even using V60 and V90 cards. The Xt4 looks like a dream camera, but so did the S1. Its all about reliability, and hopefully Fuji gets it right with this one.

Same here : ) More reliable than BMD, I'd dare to bet as much as we all here, I guess. But I haven't had any technical issue with the Aussies either, so... ; -)

3 hours ago, FreshGiant said:

I am actually unhappy with my S1. I've had issues with various (expensive) SD cards. about 1 in every few hundred clips will not write to the card forcing me to pull the battery.

This happens because of different file systems, if you format your sd cards in the camera it won't happen. At least I'm good since last june.

Anyways, I'm getting a fuji as a company for my S1 & BMPCC :) 

• Administrators
On 1/22/2020 at 4:33 AM, Andrew Reid said:

Today I am told there is no 6K/60p.

Maybe they can do 6K/24p, or most likely it will stick to 4K/60p.

On 1/22/2020 at 4:33 AM, Andrew Reid said:

- Anamorphic mode
- Fully articulated screen like S1H
- IBIS
- Represents merging of X-H1 and X-T3 line
- Basically an X-H2
- LCD top panel
- Bigger grip and more rugged body like X-H1
- All new battery type

The “X-H2” we always dreamed of?

However the rest makes it all worth it.

Can't wait until the announcement later this month.

20 hours ago, FreshGiant said:

Any word on video record limits? Seems like if they wanted to go after Panasonic for the hybrid video king, you would need to figure out how to never overheat and have no clip limits.

I am actually unhappy with my S1. I've had issues with various (expensive) SD cards. about 1 in every few hundred clips will not write to the card forcing me to pull the battery. This happened on a paid shoot and was very embarrassing. I don't want to record onto an external device (loud/power hungry/heavy/expensive). I was planning to get an S1H as an A cam and S1 as a B cam, but now that I'm having trouble with the S1, I am considering getting 2 XT-4s and moving to the Fuji system. But if there are overheating/video clip limits, that is going to be a deal breaker no matter how great the images are.

Are you 110% sure the cards are legit? Where did you buy them from?