Fuji X-T4

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
18 hours ago, sanveer said:

If one were go have 2 distinct camera bodies (and 2 completely different mounts too?) for videos and photo, it wouldn't really be a hybrid camera, would it? 

A camera doesn't have to be equally good at both stills and video to be a "hybrid"

There is for instance the Nikon D750 which was an amazing stills camera, and while the video side was "good", it wasn't anywhere near at the same level. 

Likewise the Panasonic S1H has amazing video capabilities as "the best in the world" for a hybrid camera, its stills performance is "good" but isn't at #1 however. 

7 hours ago, IronFilm said:

A camera doesn't have to be equally good at both stills and video to be a "hybrid"

There is for instance the Nikon D750 which was an amazing stills camera, and while the video side was "good", it wasn't anywhere near at the same level. 

Likewise the Panasonic S1H has amazing video capabilities as "the best in the world" for a hybrid camera, its stills performance is "good" but isn't at #1 however. 

Exactly my approach on P4K, I use it as my finest hybrid, go figure! LOL True : -)

• Administrators

Yeah possible, just needs a manufacturer to get them made... I have plenty of manual focus E-mount lenses (Voigtlander, Mitakon, etc.) and adapters, that I'd like to use on X-T3 / X-T4.

I reckon demand would be there.

Anybody have a CNC machine in their garage? :)

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

Anybody have a CNC machine in their garage? :)

Well, I could try to dare one of my friends to do it.. 

No promises he gets it done, though. 

EDIT:// MFT -> Fuji X seems doable, whereas Sony E -> Fuji X would require a whole lot of magic to produce. The flange distance difference between these two mounts is only 0.3 mm.. 

2 hours ago, heart0less said:

Well, I could try to dare one of my friends to do it.. 

No promises he gets it done, though. 

EDIT:// MFT -> Fuji X seems doable, whereas Sony E -> Fuji X would require a whole lot of magic to produce. The flange distance difference between these two mounts is only 0.3 mm.. 

Doc, my friend, you'll have all my admiration other than the usual one I already have if you'll put some additional service on my recent Sirui 50mm f/1.8 acquisition soon to come on MFT mount towards to my next camera purchase... LOL ; -)

9 hours ago, androidlad said:

Old news by now, but just to let everybody know, X-T4 uses a new battery NP-W235, likely to be 2350mAh (compared to X-T3 W126S 1260mAh).

It is good news of course but watch this space when people start complaining that the camera is too big now  :) Fujirumors , which is the defacto site for official fuji leaks is adamant that this is not the X-H2 and X-T combined and that the two lines (X-T and X-H) will remain separate, but it sure looks like a good effort  for a new X-H2. Androidlad do we have any idea about the bitrate used. Will its still be Hevc at 400mbps ?