Fuji X-T4

Andrew Reid

38 minutes ago, colepat said:

Do you think Fuji would ever come out with a XLR adapter (ala, Panasonic/Sony)?

I use the Panasonic one all the time for my job and it's so nice to have that option. 

The best work around until then would be to buy a Sound Devices MixPre3

I've got a MixPre3 arriving next week! Quite excited for it. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
23 hours ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

Well... with the X-T4 release, maybe pick up another X-T3 body at a good price used and get a gimbal???

As you can probably tell, I have no idea of what your workflow is like on site, so I my suggestion is probably as useless as can be. That hasn't ever stopped me in the past :)

Yep, respectfully useless, but I thank you for the thought 😂

Switching back and forth several times a minute all day between video and stills with a pair of bodies and a pair of gimbals, changing lenses from time to time... Err, no!

I have tried to embrace gimballing twice and both times did not get on with it...but each to their own and all that!

Just looking at this thread now, and I saw this little side conversation on the LX100 and LX100 II.  FWIW, I actually have the XH1 and the LX100 II - they complement each other nicely.  I love my XH1, it is not the best camera at anything in particular, but it is quite good at everything.  I use primarily for stills - everything from street photography, bird and wildlife photography, event photography, and studio portraiture.  It has it's minor flaws, but the ergonomics are wonderful - old school.  I'm definitely interested in the X-H2 or X-T4 or whatever it is they call the X-H1 successor. In the meantime, I am grooving on the Fuji glass (and not missing full frame lenses which so heavy)

As for LX100 II, I use that primarily for my scuba travels - I have an underwater housing for it, and it would prohibitively expensive and tiresome to change systems - the LX100 II fit into the same scuba housing for LX100. I've shot some great underwater video (on my Youtube channel if you are curious) and stills with LX100 II and it's predecessor, the LX100. I also use it some for travel and street photography - it is small enough to toss it into my coat pocket.  Panasonic image app is the best (I've used Sony, Olympus, and Fuji - they are not nearly as useful).  I want to try out time lapse video on the LX100 II, and experiment with outdoor portraits in bright sun -- where I can leverage the camera's leaf shutter and really kill the ambient light.  

Been out of the Fuji camp since buying the a73 about a year ago - which I just sold. Still have a couple lenses as I was planning on getting the XT30, but never pulled the trigger. If this becomes a reality, I'm back in Fuji's camp. Sony has a 32mp APS-c sensor, I don't know if the current 26mp sensor can do the rumored spec. I shoot 25k photos a year - I do a lot of paid photo work, so I hope it sees a mp bump as well.

Like many I wish Fuji would just do a Zcam style cinema box in the X-mount too, make it a little bigger with XLR's and the flip out touch screen from the new XT200. 

Chris

3 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

Been out of the Fuji camp since buying the a73 about a year ago - which I just sold. Still have a couple lenses as I was planning on getting the XT30, but never pulled the trigger. If this becomes a reality, I'm back in Fuji's camp. Sony has a 32mp APS-c sensor, I don't know if the current 26mp sensor can do the rumored spec. I shoot 25k photos a year - I do a lot of paid photo work, so I hope it sees a mp bump as well.

Like many I wish Fuji would just do a Zcam style cinema box in the X-mount too, make it a little bigger with XLR's and the flip out touch screen from the new XT200. 

Chris

Yeah full frame is nice for photos, if you do a lot of natural light stuff. 

Why did you sell the A73 and what do you think of it color wise compared to fuji?

2 hours ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

Just out of curiosity, you do use SOME form of stabilization with your current X-T3s, right? 

(Or are you using X-H1's???)

None. Freestanding Sirui monopod...though I have just bought the 16-80 F4 which is OIS 6 stops or something, but yet to have a play with that.

This was my 2019 wedding season video combo.

2018 it was the monopod + XH1.

1 hour ago, MrSMW said:

None. Freestanding Sirui monopod...though I have just bought the 16-80 F4 which is OIS 6 stops or something, but yet to have a play with that.

This was my 2019 wedding season video combo.

2018 it was the monopod + XH1.

OK, how do you like the monopod? I assume during the ceremonies you just stand it up somewhere that it won't get kicked over by a guest and let it roll.