Iscorama low light lens

Lucian

Hi all,

I'm looking for a very fast lens with vintage character that plays nice with the iscorama and wont break the bank entirely. Has anyone paired any of the following with a 36?  any advice appreciated. 

Voightlander 25 0.95 (I've seen the payphone isco+ voight  test posted here, very nice)

switar 26mm 1.1

Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I love the Voigt 25mm f0.95 with my pre 36 Isco [VanDieman upgraded] to my eye it's a stunning match with the 'creamy' Voigt. [Camera being BMCC mft & BMPCC] Be aware - depending on the camera you're using you will get some noticeable barrel reflections shooting into light tho - you'll need to flag it if your not into that look.

note:ever since it's release I've used the Voigt 25mm/Isco 54/Pana AF100 combo [as my pre 36 vignetted on the AF100].

Rob is bang on the money re the Nikkor S 55mm f1.2 - also one of my past favourite combo's with the Isco pre 36 [but shooting mainly BMCCmft & BMPCC now has changed my glass combo's]

What are you shooting it with? Would help to figure out the correct focal length and max aperture. For FF I would go with an old Nikkor S 55 F1.2

Whoops, sorrry. I'm moving to Digital Bolex so planning for that, sensor size is similar to bmmpc, slightly smaller. The nikorr would be too long I think unless they make a wider version.  

Yeah, you're gonna want 16mm lenses for a Bolex until (I'm betting) Metabones makes a Speed Booster that's equivalent to what they're doing for the BMD cameras.  If they are able to make one like their BMPCC model it will be especially useful, not only for opening up more lens possibilities but to offset the lower sensitivity of the Bolex sensor (400iso).

Yeah, you're gonna want 16mm lenses for a Bolex until (I'm betting) Metabones makes a Speed Booster that's equivalent to what they're doing for the BMD cameras.  If they are able to make one like their BMPCC model it will be especially useful, not only for opening up more lens possibilities but to offset the lower sensitivity of the Bolex sensor (400iso).

Yeah the old c-mount switar's look superb, fast, lovely character. Only concern is Tony described their pairing with iscorama as like" doing it with a fat chick" "could be better". I'd like to try for myself..... a switar that is. Difficult to try to before you buy with vintage stuff unfortunately. Anyone own both an isco and some old switar glass?!

I'm wondering how wide the iscorama can go on the d16 sensor, it may go down to 17mm with no or very light vignette which would also make the voigt 17mm 0.95 a pretty attractive option.

They are planning 800 ISO on the d16 eventually and the m43 speedbooster would prolly work, but yeah a purpose built one like they did for BMPCC would be a dream come true!