Now available! The epic 250 page EOSHD Panasonic GH3 Shooter's Guide

Andrew Reid

I bought the e-book a couple of weeks ago. I´m new to video on (D)SLR's - I come from camcorders. This e-book is very informative and has helped me a lot though I have a G6 and not a GH3.

I have one issue with the book though. None of the links in the book work. It´s rather cumbersome when I try to navigate to certain subjects.

Andrew, - do you have any ideas what is the issue here. I'm a mac user and use the native mac pdf-reader.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Just wondering if any G6 owners who have purchased this guide found it useful, specifically for camera settings and such?

I purchased the G6 2 lens kit from B&H over the holidays when it was $620. Being that this is my first camera, I am having trouble finding a good guide that goes into specific camera settings, such as getting a flat picture for post, etc.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Was looking to get the GH3 Shooters guide but the price is up to 29.99 in the link from 19.99 that was listed on the pinned thread. Is this a misprint? 

Temporary experiment, now it's back to 19.99

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've read the Gh2 book and the GH3 book, and very much look forward to the GH4 book, but I think you're missing an opportunity here.  While I find the equipment lists useful, your tripod choice etc, I find myself referring back to the exercises in the GH2 book.  I think you need to put out a digital cinematography book that's hardware agnostic. I think everyone should read the 5 C's of cinematography, and that's hard to compete with, but your book should be more about being on the ground, and how to make the best of what you've got.  I think the reason I come to your site is the opinions, but it's also to watch you grow as a cinematographer, and hope some of that experience rubs off on me.  The best way for that to happen is with a book about technique in this modern age. 

Just sayin'.

I've got a GH4 on order, and without having a GH4 manual available yet, wondered how useful this book on the GH3 would be to get up to speed on the operation of the new model? Is there enough similarity that it will be more useful than confusing?

(I suspect I know the answer...)

..Mike