Super Speed Zeiss cine glass (vs Contax Zeiss)

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

The total opposite of the Northrups.

Even Northrup videos will take hours and hours to make I'm afraid. 

(many of my quick and dirty sh*tty youtube videos that I do myself for "Sound Speed!" could still be around an hour each once you add up every little aspect, and they're about as terrible as you can get when it comes to minimal effort put into them)

• Administrators
5 hours ago, seku said:

The production value of those media division bids is incredible, only topped by the content quality. They are easily my fav channel concerning video on YouTube, alongside Juan melara. 

It's not just the hours put in to videos like this, it's the effort and skill. I love it when someone at the top of their game gives something back to the community and builds a channel with this kind of quality. It is much easier to just talk in front of a slideshow like the Northrups then have a jolly expenses paid trip to Hawaii.

I’ve commented several times on Media Divisions videos and he has replied. I get the impression he is frustrated with the slow growth on YouTube.

But I’m afraid YouTube very much favors bottom of the barrel crap content for the kiddies. That’s how they make their money.

If he had a channel membership or a Patreon I would donate. 

• Administrators

Have watched entire video now and the bit about the Contax 35-70mm F3.5

Check out these shots from it. A multi-talented lens if ever I saw one and still quite compact & lightweight.

Screenshot 2020-01-14 at 18.48.04 copy.jpg

Screenshot 2020-01-14 at 18.47.54 copy.jpg

Screenshot 2020-01-14 at 18.47.45 copy.jpg

Screenshot 2020-01-14 at 18.47.35 copy.jpg

Screenshot 2020-01-14 at 18.47.29 copy.jpg

And last but not least the 15mm F3.5 got to be worth a look as well judging by the character of this shot...

Screenshot 2020-01-14 at 18.46.36 copy.jpg

18 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Too expensive.

Normally a set like that (even if 65mm is missing) costs half of that price in market.

7 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

It's not just the hours put in to videos like this, it's the effort and skill. 

I just hope they will go on and not give up as there is some time they didn't release a new video.

They are in my top 3 technical youtubers anyway for many months now.

Here's another little tidbit. I found this out many years ago after subscribing to obscure mailing lists in the 2000's and my own experience. All manufacturers have significant sample variation between copies of lenses. This includes Zeiss Leica and the Japanese makers. In fact Kubrick was famous for ordering 10 of a lens from the manufacturer and sending 9 back. Back in the day, for instance, Nikon was jealous of Konica for their consistancy in lens manufacture production. In the 50's Kingslake made the discovery (Kodak lenses are legendary) that the Tessar designs is one of the most difficult to manufacture due to the extreme low tolerances required. A Tessar design can be very sharp two stops down, most aren't. Also, you can guarantee most lenses sent to photography reviewers will be golden samples.

An, aside, Kubrick also used still camera lenses on his cameras, notably Nikon Nikkors.

Lens rentals blog is the most significant lens testing outfit to measure sample-to-sample variation. Sigma seems to me to be the leader in lens tech these days from what I can tell.

12 hours ago, Video Hummus said:

But I’m afraid YouTube very much favors bottom of the barrel crap content for the kiddies. That’s how they make their money.

It's interesting to see what content YouTube pushes:

Look at the Rewind video they did a year ago (the most downvoted video ever!), is obvious they want a whitewashed coporate look for the advertisers. 

They're cracking down even harder this week with the roll out of the "child safe" policies