What cameras are you currently shooting with?

Andrew Reid

What cameras are you currently shooting with?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What cameras are you currently shooting with?

• Blackmagic Pocket 4K / 6K
    • Sony A7 III
    • Sony A9 series
    • Sony A7R III
    • Sony A7R IV
    • Sony A6400 / A6500
    • Sony A7S II
    • Sony - Other
    • Panasonic GH5
    • Panasonic GH5S
    • Panasonic GH4
    • Panasonic S1 / S1R / S1H
    • Panasonic - Other
    • Leica SL / SL2 / Other
    • Canon 5D Mark IV
    • Canon EOS R
    • Canon EOS RP
    • Canon 1D X / 1D C / 1D X II
    • Canon APS-C mirrorless
    • Canon - Other (not including Cinema EOS)
    • Fuji X-T3
    • Fuji X-T2 or older
    • Fuji X-H1
    • Fuji GFX series
    • Fuji X-T30 / X-T20
    • Fuji - Other
    • Pro Cinema Camera like Sony FS5 / Canon C300 series / EVA1
    • RED Cinema Camera
    • Pentax (You're brave)
    • Olympus OMD Series
    • Nikon Z6 / Z7
    • Nikon D850 / D810
    • Nikon - Other DSLR
    • Nikon D5 / D4
    • Something weird
    • Arri
    • Sigma Fp

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/17/2020 at 10:00 PM

36 minutes ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

So who else besides me has a Panasonic S1???

And not a whole lot of love for Sony round these parts, apparently...

mr reid has given them every opportunity to succeed, statistically sony have had 7 bites at the cherry and still lag behind in percentages.

make of that,  what you will ! 

theres a base of 30000 forum readers, 36 votes is embarrassing.  It seem like bloody hard work to engage any of them in any sort of activity on the forum ?

Maybe mr reid should have added a { i desperately want a cinema camera category } for the other 29964 others or perhaps their all out vlogging ?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

i like participating but i didnt vote bc im still rockin that 5D3........ however i must say that my new Note 10 is a capable tool in many ways, ill haveta post on that in the future...

that being said, my vote, in spirit, is for Fuji — ive never had a fuji camera and thats totally what im getting next, i wanna see how i like it~! ill be watching their releases this year...!

edit: oh whoops jk i DID vote for ‘CANON — OTHER‘

EVERYONE VOTE!!!!! this is cool to see

16 minutes ago, kaylee said:

i like participating but i didnt vote bc im still rockin that 5D3........ however i must say that my new Note 10 is a capable tool in many ways, ill haveta post on that in the future...

that being said, my vote, in spirit, is for Fuji — ive never had a fuji camera and thats totally what im getting next, i wanna see how i like it~! ill be watching their releases this year...!

Fuji is coming on strong for the underdog Super 38/APS-C mirrorless. The X-T3 is mighty tasty to shoot with a few choice accessories. And now the X-T4 is about to drop. I'm sure curious to see what it's like. I'll almost certainly rent one for a job on the week of March 18 if the rental houses have them by then. I did that last year with the T3 and my 80D's been pretty much collecting dust ever since.

Anyone want to buy a used 80D? It's got pretty low mileage, the tires are still good and it doesn't leak any oil ?

11 hours ago, Cinegain said:

The steps GH2 < GH4 < GH5 have been quite remarkable and I really don't want to get myself into fullframe systems.

Was odd how the step from GH2 to GH3 wasn't THAT massive (I guess some people might have thought it was?). 
Likewise the GH1 to GH2 step up I don't think was huge either.

I used to have a theory that Panasonic was going on a cycle with the GH series of alternative "BIG improve" vs "small improvement". (thus after the big splash of the GH5, I'd expect the GH6 to be a smaller improvement, before the GH7 which would then be massive)

Then the GH5 came out and made a big splash, ruining my theory by breaking the pattern! As it followed up so strongly after the GH4, which had itself made a big impact. 

10 minutes ago, kaylee said:

i kno rite. ive got my fingers crossed for fully articulated flippy ?

One can only hope. I know everyone gets their rocks off bashing Canon, except for that Mokara dude. And rightfully so, perhaps. But damn if I didn't grow to love the flippy screen on my 80D... and I never shot a Vlog once. 

On the other hand, once I got a a 5-inch monitor for my T3, hot damn! Even if I had camera with good internal codecs and cheap storage, I couldn't go back to relying on even the nicest of 3 inch camera screens. It so easy to miss stuff on those little screens, like the reflection of a boomed mic in a window, and it's soooo much nicer to pull focus on a big screen. 

6 hours ago, leslie said:

i'm a bit surprised the is no category for other black magic cameras, not to mention red or arri,  perhaps they come under pro cinema cameras ?

I wondered that too, are us original BMPCC users too old now and being forgotten? And the URSA Mini has taken the industry by storm, it deserves it own category. 

RED has waaaaaaaaay too many cameras to be mentioned each individually! But I reckon they could have been covered easily in three broad categories: 1) Dragon sensor 2) older than Dragon 3) newer than Dragon

The Sony A7M3, because it not only has decent video, it also has great photography capability.

Before that, I am using GH5 with speed-booster. My favorite mirrorless setup by far. Image quality wise, I think the BMPCC4K is a little bit better but the GH5 is still very impressive. However, as I am doing more photos than videos nowadays, I have to switch back to the Sony. 

I started doing paid jobs with the Sony A7S so I guess the Sony system is like home to me. Even now  I am thinking about getting an used Sony FS700 for shooting A Roll for performances. 

8 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Is that Mt Fuji?

Indeed it is :) 

We went on a special trip to a beach where you can see it over the ocean and all we saw was clouds.  Admit defeat, run back to the bus, then get back to the port and the thing is in full view and the sun set over it.  Life is funny like that sometimes!

The newest Camera I own is the Pocket 4K, with BRAW and the latest firmware-update a really powerful camera.

But I still own my BMCC 2.5k and the original  Pocket Camera and still use both of them for certain projects and certain looks. Sure, they have their downsides and disadvantages in some areas, but I really like the images they´re capable to deliver. 

I'm rocking the GH5, the G85 and the GX85 for my multicamera shoots these days. My original plan was to sell the G85 and buy a second GH5 but then I got the GX85 for a steal used and decided to also get the 35-100mm f/2.8 when I found it in pristine condition for an absolute bargain. 

I still use my JVC LS300 too, though I'm considering selling it. It's hard to part with, as I really do love it, but I also feel bad not putting it to use more. I instinctively just grab my Panasonic kit most of the time. 

I think a lot of people have gotten caught up on full frame, which I understand, but I still love M43 and see so much more upside in the system than full frame. I want a small, compact kit. It's literally what I dreamed of way back when. If you told me 10 years ago that I'd be able to fit my entire multicamera kit in one small Pelican case AND get the quality that I'm able to get, I don't know that I'd have believed you. Using the GX85 has really reignited my love for the system and reminded me of the possibilities. It's so tiny and lightweight! But the image! It's lovely! And slap that 35-100mm on there! It's insane! I won't hold my breath, but if they could pack all the features of a GH5 into a small body like that? Gimme! 

As people are posting their whole rigs, mine is the GH5 and Sony X3000 action camera.

BDDCF575-0145-412E-9892-E049A3D1EDE7.thumb.jpeg.2e45a0e4d167826b0623354530df0ffa.jpeg

GH5 for "proper" shots, and the X3000 for random travel sequences between locations, and if I suddenly need a super-wide angle.  For the GH5 I have the FF equivalent of 15mm F4, 35mm F2, and 85mm F2.  I'll also take a longer lens on a trip if there's animals or sports, but it's not a core lens in my kit.

• Administrators

Early days of 2020 and the poll but here are the manufacturer popularity tallies so far:

1. Panasonic 37
  2. Fuji 24
  3. Sony 15
  4. Blackmagic 15
  5. Canon 15
  6. Nikon 9
  7. Pro cinema cameras 6
  8. Other 4
  9. Leica (SL series only) 2
  10. Olympus 0
  11. Pentax 0

I think it is interesting the split between Canon / Blackmagic / Sony all on 15

Canon have lost the most to these two. They should be out front in video on 40+

I am surprised Sony is not a bit higher but it was the case with the last survey as well. I think Sony lose users to Blackmagic for the better codec and Canon for the better colour.

The real success story is Fuji who would have been on zero in the X-T1 days. What a turn around for video.

It's sad to see Olympus on 0 and a bit surprising, because E-M1 II / E-M10 III are great filmmaking tools at bargain prices. I suppose Micro Four Thirds shooters find it a doozy to go with Panasonic instead if they want video specs.

UPDATE: Added Panasonic GH5S and RED cameras to poll