2020 Petition to Stop Using the Word “Bokeh” Forever

kaylee

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Tomáto Tomàto. Nelly Fruitella, Nelly Furtado. Okidoki karaoke bokeh.

Tbh. I don't really care. I like the term 'Bokeh' just fine, especially how Kai Man Wong says it. Simply bokehlicious delicious.

Might just open a hipster 'Just Bokeh-ish' café 'We might not be the best, but we are pretty bokeh' and have healthy dishes like 'Bokehbowls'... where the coffee you order is a 'Bokehcino' just to mess with you. ?

You know what does get under my skin though? When someone calls a light sensitive lens 'fast'. Like... I've got my shutterspeed figured out already, I don't want a change of pace. I just want it to let through more light... so a 'bright' lens (or aperture) to me makes more sense than a 'fast' one. 'Ooh, such a fast apertu...' SHUT IT!

51 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

You know what does get under my skin though? When someone calls a light sensitive lens 'fast

How about this:

"Ooh, that lens is approaching zero!"

200.gif

Also:

"The f-number of the human eye varies from about f/8.3 in a very brightly lit place to about f/2.1 in the dark".

Maybe thats why f/1.2 looks so unnatural to me. See Tony's video (yeah that tony) to see why!

• Super Members
1 hour ago, kaylee said:

#INSTEADOFARGUINGABOUTHOWTOPRONOUNCEBOKEHJUSTSAYBLUR2020

As its all a ploy to sell increasing numbers of ever wider aperture and ever more expensive lenses to people then an easy way to remember how to pronounce it is :

Bokeh makes you broker 

;)

1 hour ago, Cinegain said:

[..]

You know what does get under my skin though? When someone calls a light sensitive lens 'fast'. Like... I've got my shutterspeed figured out already, I don't want a change of pace. I just want it to let through more light... so a 'bright' lens (or aperture) to me makes more sense than a 'fast' one. 'Ooh, such a fast apertu...' SHUT IT!

lol @Andrew Reid 'slower apertures'. You did that on purpose, didn't ya? ?

Joke's on you. I can not stand the use of 'fast aperture'. 'Slow aperture' doesn't bother me. ?

1 hour ago, Cinegain said:

When someone calls a light sensitive lens 'fast'. Like... I've got my shutterspeed figured out already, I don't want a change of pace. I just want it to let through more light... so a 'bright' lens (or aperture) to me makes more sense than a 'fast' one

u kno i totally felt like that too, when ppl started writing abt “fast” lenses on the internet... and now im like “Meh” *shrugs*... what is happening to me lol

although AT LEAST ppl pronounce ‘fast’ the same way *cough**ahem*

anyway my new years resolution is to not say ‘bokeh’ out loud for all of 2020

instead ill say kewl things like “blur” “blurriness” and “the quality of blur”

everyone will know exactly what i mean. dumb clients, DPs, everybody

1 hour ago, Video Hummus said:

"The f-number of the human eye varies from about f/8.3 in a very brightly lit place to about f/2.1 in the dark".

Maybe thats why f/1.2 looks so unnatural to me. See Tony's video (yeah that tony) to see why!

But what is the sensor size of the human eye?