2013 - 10 things which have impressed me - and some that haven't!

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

And yes very lucky to get it back in 2009 for £100 before anyone knew what it was worth. At the time I didn't even value it that much myself and wanted an Iscorama!!

You're terribly lucky.  These focusable adapters are all rare enough that they're effectively unicorns, of course.  They're not readily available, like what I was referring to before the pointless derailment discussing said unicorns,  but yeah you lucky few that already own one of the good 2X adapters have far better options.  

Personally, the longer I go without having one the less likely I'll ever be to acquire one and seek practical alternatives.

PS> that 85 1.2L is pretty amazing.

agree with Olympus being a letdown. really would love to buy one of their cameras because of the 5 axis stabilization, but why in the world wouldn't they bother to put in 24fps? it can't be that difficult or expensive to do. such a waste of a beautiful system

and the same with Nikon's attitude of "we don't really see the point of video"

I suppose Olympus didn't think it necessary. How long did Sony drag its feet before including 24p in a consumer or prosumer video camera?

• Administrators

If I could take my time and it was a relatively straight forward shoot where I wouldn't expect to do a lot of re-takes, I'd choose the BMCC.

If it was any more complicated than that I'd go for the GM1 (or my FS100) because you can do as many takes as you like and not even think about data management.

Just make sure on either occasion to take plenty of batteries with you :)