Affordable compact >100Wh V-Mount recommendation

Paul Jonathan

Hey everyone,

with the advent of the new compact-size V-mounts I was wondering what everyone's favorite brands are and if people can recommend anyone in particular?

Requirements:

- 95 or 98Wh, i.e. airline approved
- D-Tap & USB Output
- Compact dimensions & weight

Also anyone come across a good USB-C to P-tap/D-tap Adapter? That would turn these V-mounts into a powerbank that could power pretty much anything.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@Anaconda_ the Nomis seem pretty bulky - I am looking for the new, more compact versions..

@Mike Mgee interesting - yes I've seen those around and the price looks pretty affordable! I currently have an offer to buy two Patona V-Mounts for 120 a piece, which would be even cheaper than the prices I am finding for the rebrands that you posted.. Gonna keep looking around.

@JordanWright yes the Fxlion Nano Two looks amazing and I love the USB-C, however I can't seem to justify the significant markup just yet. The lowest I can find them at is 250, which is more than double what I would pay for ones without the USB-C. However they would negate the need for a USB-C to D-Tap adapter.. hmm

18 hours ago, Paul Jonathan said:

Also anyone come across a good USB-C to P-tap/D-tap Adapter? That would turn these V-mounts into a powerbank that could power pretty much anything.

Thanks for all the responses everyone - super helpful :)

9 minutes ago, Paul Jonathan said:

@Anaconda_ the Nomis seem pretty bulky - I am looking for the new, more compact versions..

It's depth is a lot thinner than most batteries, but also the same length and width as most v-mounts. It depends where you want the compact to matter. You can easily put the Nomis in your back pocket for example, though I'm not sure if you can with the smaller ones. Some look like you could, but I can't test :)