The Boss - GH2 short film

amokalex

Hi guys,

Thought I'd share this fairly mental short film we shot last week.

[url=http://vimeo.com/39160354]The Boss[/url]

Lenses used: Voigtlander 25mm 0.95, Canon FD 50mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.8.

Using the Flowmotion hack, but not sure it actually worked as bitrates were around the standard level. Always check the patch has worked before heading out!

All of the effects were done in camera.

Hope you guys enjoy - ask any questions you want . . .

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I really enjoyed this short.

A great approach, really stylish.

How long did it take you to complete? Are you entering it into any festivals / comps?

So, you don't know if the hack worked? Have you used any other hacks? What made you choose the Flow Motion? Also, what profiles and settings did you use in camera for the shoot?

A big fun to watch, and a great achievement artistically.
I say WOW!

On vimeo you wrote: "[i]It was hacked, but when I got the footage back I realised the particular patch I'd applied hadn't worked! So in the end it was actually shot with the standard 50p bit rate."[/i]

So you did this with 720p! If somebody should miss a proof that the Lumix made first rate quality without any hack ...

Or an answer to those who think a film would need higher resolution to transcend it's message ...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
[quote author=Myxomatosis link=topic=475.msg3278#msg3278 date=1333206102]
I really enjoyed this short.

A great approach, really stylish.

How long did it take you to complete? Are you entering it into any festivals / comps?

So, you don't know if the hack worked? Have you used any other hacks? What made you choose the Flow Motion? Also, what profiles and settings did you use in camera for the shoot?
[/quote]

Pretty sure the hack didn't work - checked the bit rates after and it was hovering around 17mb/s. We shot it in 2 days, and with a pretty insanely fast schedule, start to finish 3 weeks (ie first script to final cut).

It's entered into the Reed film fest for which we've now been shortlisted - get over to the website http://www.reed.co.uk/film/2012/film-competition-shortlist if you fancy voting; doesn't take a second. £10k up for grabs so fingers crossed.

We're also in the Virgin Media Short comp so we'll see how we go with that one . . .

Also had an article done here: http://www.meliesandco.com/index.php?version=EN which has some more info on the film.

Cheers

Alex