Canon EOS 1D MKIII specs revealed

Trankilstef

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, Michi said:

EIS does not seem to work as good as on the C500 II. But otherwise it looks like a very impressive camera to me. I do wonder though why there‘s no C-Log 2 and C-Log 3...

The omission of C-Logs 2-3 is perhaps a fair "cripple," on Canon's part.

9 hours ago, Michi said:

EIS does not seem to work as good as on the C500 II. But otherwise it looks like a very impressive camera to me. I do wonder though why there‘s no C-Log 2 and C-Log 3...

I also did notice that is not super stable but it is hard to compare if not using the same focal length,k the same way to carry the camera and also very important the same light situation. Also he does not use the enhanced because he says nothing changes but at least with the M6 II the difference between the two mode is big. 

The 5.5 and 4k seem very detailed and looks good.
On the 120fps I'm not so sure is an improvement over the MkII….. if you compare the same pier scene the normal 1080 with the 1080 120fps there is a very visible drop in quality. Not unexpected but I do not agree to his comment that the 120fps is great. Still probably one of the best FF 120fps but for sure not great.

2 hours ago, BenEricson said:

What is the raw footage curve then? Can’t you select your desired log curve? I’ve never used the C200 but I thought there was an option to export out Clog2 or 3 from the raw files? 

That option is in the Canon RAW software & supported NLE’s like Resolve.

However there is on C200 a CLog3 option in camera for MP4.

Does appear 1DX3 is Clog only for now.

9 minutes ago, Rinad Amir said:

I wonder if Gordon shot 100p in 8bit or 10

I hear mix reviews all over the place just have to wait and see it for my self.

I’m talking about the sharpness and is very visible in the posted video. 8 or 10bit would not  matter.

2 hours ago, BenEricson said:

What is the raw footage curve then? Can’t you select your desired log curve? I’ve never used the C200 but I thought there was an option to export out Clog2 or 3 from the raw files? 

Yes, if it works like on the C200, that should be the case for raw footage. But I was talking about the encoded formats. I think Canon left out Clog2 on the C200 (for non-raw shooting) because it is designed for 10bit files... The C300 II has it. And it is very, very flat. For certain scenarios it would be usefull on the 1DX III too I‘d say.

9 hours ago, Michi said:

think Canon left out Clog2 on the C200 (for non-raw shooting) because it is designed for 10bit files... The C300 II has it. And it is very, very flat. For certain scenarios it would be usefull on the 1DX III too I‘d say.

Interesting. I work with the C300ii quite a bit. CLog2 is closest to the Alexa. It creates very soft and filmic looking highlights. 

That being said, Clog3 is a lot cleaner and generally easier to work with, unless you’re shooting into bright sources.

1 hour ago, BenEricson said:

I work with the C300ii quite a bit. CLog2 is closest to the Alexa. It creates very soft and filmic looking highlights. 

I haven‘t yet given up all hope for a firmware update that brings a 10bit codec to the C200 (that might bring CLog2 too). But yeah... probably never gonna happen. 
But if the C200 had that, I think I‘d be served for the next 5 years...

• 2 weeks later...

So I did download a 1Dx III RAW file and Resolve can open it and you can edit. The camera raw tab does not work yet so you cannot set the Log, WB etc... but there is hope as you can use the other tools to color grade.

Keeping the default and applying some correction:

0Capture.JPG

Customizing the camera raw tab:

0Untitled.jpg