Canon EOS 1D MKIII specs revealed

Trankilstef

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 minutes ago, androidlad said:

No crop and AF is available.

1080p quality is identical to 1DX II, anisotropic sharpness/detail up to 30p, then softens from 50 to 120p.

On my 1Dx II in 4k 60p vs 30p has exactly the same sharpness and quality. 120fps FHD is quite soft. 50/60 fps FHD I have no idea as I never used that mode

2 hours ago, Django said:

Hope to get some hands-on time with a unit next week at a preview event. Anything particular you guys would like to know?

Would be cool to check:

- if it can really AF at 5.5k RAW 30p (spec says so but with all the confusion is better to check)

- if you can take a frame grab from the 5.5k RAW and save it as jpg

- if it can write the same 10bit video on two cards in parallel (RAW card 1 and 4k proxy on card 2 works, so I'm curios for two 4k videos)

- Quality of 120fps FHD, not easy to check but maybe they let you bring home 1 TB CFExpress as a gift 🙂 

- If histogram is available while recording (I doubt)

- if the 30min limit is there or not (not sure they let you run a long test)

- Latency on wifi while monitoring the video over a phone

23 minutes ago, gt3rs said:

Would be cool to check:

- if it can really AF at 5.5k RAW 30p (spec says so but with all the confusion is better to check)

- if you can take a frame grab from the 5.5k RAW and save it as jpg

- if it can write the same 10bit video on two cards in parallel (RAW card 1 and 4k proxy on card 2 works, so I'm curios for two 4k videos)

- Quality of 120fps FHD, not easy to check but maybe they let you bring home 1 TB CFExpress as a gift 🙂 

- If histogram is available while recording (I doubt)

- if the 30min limit is there or not (not sure they let you run a long test)

- Latency on wifi while monitoring the video over a phone

not sure I'll be able to check all of those, but will do my best!

BTW, I think it's already been reported there is a 30mn recording limit no?

1 hour ago, Django said:

not sure I'll be able to check all of those, but will do my best!

BTW, I think it's already been reported there is a 30mn recording limit no?

Yah its not even the Eu tax thing anymore ...

Can you also ask Canon rep? if there will be waveform or any sort of exposure tools for vid while recording 

• 3 weeks later...

Spent some time with the 1DX3. It's an amazing beast of a camera as expected.

The AF is so fast I could hardly notice it 'working' half the time. Lightning quick response.

The touch screen response is also on another level VS previous generation.

AF is definitely present in all shooting modes (including 120fps) except above 4K30p. 

RS quite visible in FF 4K24p. Gets much better in 4K crop mode (which is 1.3x like 1DX2).

Anyways, I realise everybody is waiting for R5/R6 announcements now but the 1DX3 is definitely a power house.

I'd even say the most advanced performing DSLR I've ever handled. Quite impressive.

Cool would be that the R6 as the same sensor as the 1Dx III and at least 4k 30fps with DPAF FF and 4k 1.3 crop 60 fps with DPAF all 10bit 4:2:2 then I have my A (1dx) and B (R6) cam...….. the R5 with all these mpixels smell fishy for video if Canon did not get some breakthrough in sensor technology....

2 hours ago, Avenger 2.0 said:

Good day to sell your Canon EOS 1D MKIII btw. Just had someone drive to me from the other side of the country and saw him search 10 minutes for the movie record function before I delivered the bad news...

Perhaps in four years time I should buy up cheap a stock of Canon EOS-1D Mark IV cameras and be ready to sell them at a huge profit! haha

At least the Canon EOS-1D Mark IV has a movie record option...  of sorts!