best Nucleus N battery solution

zerocool22

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'm powering it from the nucleus M handgrip which is attached to the camera cage and also used to control the motor. I made a custom USB to lemo cable for it. Maybe Tilta has a ready made cable now. It gives 7.2V. The higher the better as the torque depends on the voltage. So standard 5V is not the best solution.

• Super Members
22 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Hello, 

I am looking for a Nucleus-n battery solution that I can use on dslr/mirrorless type camera's to control the motor. So no Vlock as I like to keep the size limited for travelling, otherwise I will just go with bigger camera's and use the vlock instead. 

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Tilta do their own compact dual 18650 solution that gives out 8v.

https://tilta.com/shop/18650-battery-pack/

It doesn't come with the batteries but you should be able to get 2 of those with a charger for under £20.

At £60-70 total its not the cheapest solution out there as you could roll your own but at least this way you get the cable and know its officially supported and tested with the motors.

Advantage of 18650s is that they aren't that much bigger than AA's depsite the extra capacity and output so you can carry a few spare to increase the run time if you needed.

16 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

It doesn't come with the batteries but you should be able to get 2 of those with a charger for under £20.

At £60-70 total its not the cheapest solution out there as you could roll your own but at least this way you get the cable and know its officially supported and tested with the motors.

Advantage of 18650s is that they aren't that much bigger than AA's depsite the extra capacity and output so you can carry a few spare to increase the run time if you needed.

Yeah thats pretty cool.

• Super Members
14 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

Yeah thats pretty cool (allthough I hate throw away batteries). 

The 18650s are usually good for around 400-500 recharges before its cycle life is over (defined as when it can only achieve 80% of its original capacity) and will still likely be good for a few thousand after that so it will be some time before you throw them away ?

2 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

ordered :)