Mitakon Lens Turbo Speedbooster Nikon AI-s to M43 MFT

andy lee

• 4 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

there is a review on cheesecam website

look ok for the money , fd mount version will be out soon too.....

http://cheesycam.com/mitakon-lens-turbo-chart-tests-gh3/

Stopped down to F5.6 only. What's the point? Let's see it wide open Mr Cheesy.

Until then just get the Metabones ones. With something this essential it doesn't make much sense to save a few bob and end up turning all your many dollars worth of lenses into mud-o-vision.

If it's that soft in the corners at f/5.6, I don't think I'd want to see it wide open... :)

When I got my nex to nikon G speed booster I figured: if I'll use high quality optics, I better not skimp out and get a cheap piece of glass in the middle of my lens and camera body.

As I expected, I'm seeing a bit of CA with it in the really wide end on my Nikon 16-35mm f/4 lens. Not an amount that would disturb at 1080p, but which is visible in the full 16 Mpixel stills (which can be reduced in Lightroom).

What really surprised me about the Metabones Speedbooster was the solid precise industrial feel of it and that quality feel makes me certain I made the right decision going with the real deal. Qualitywise, the Metabones speedbooster feels more like one of my Nikon AI-S lenses than my Nex camera, and hence I belive that the Speedbooster will far outlive my Nex camera.