Feeler: Isco pre-36 (Original 50mm f2.8 single coat) ?for sale?

strancali

Sorry for stepping on your precious toes mr strancali. To bad the 10k, my house and car wasn't enough for you.

I did my best as they say

why are you here?  I seem to remember you being condescending towards me in this way too:- 

>

You've been here 5 minutes spamming about wanting to buy an anamorphic lens and being rude to people.  Well done.  

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

For the same reason you are here. Because I love this forum and have learned a lot since I started following eoshd.com

I believe that if you have something that you dont need or want. Why push the price to 6-7k?
Only because an item is already inflated, come on?

Yes your right, I do want to buy an Iscorama lens. But its absurd what people are selling iscorama lenses for these days.

Greed is what make them skyrocket in inflatation. 

You seriously take it as an insult that I asked a question on your thread: who wants to get rid of their iscorama?

How can that be condescending? The question wasn't aimed at a particular forum member. 

It was an open question!

For the same reason you are here. Because I love this forum and have learned a lot since I started following eoshd.com

I believe that if you have something that you dont need or want. Why push the price to 6-7k?

Yes your right, I do want to buy an Iscorama lens. But its absurd what people are selling iscorama lenses for these days.

You seriously take it as an insult that I asked a question on your thread: who wants to get rid of their iscorama?

How can that be condescending? The question wasn't aimed at a particular forum member. 

It was an open question!

it's not greed that pushes the price up, its demand.

It was an open question!

For the record, I never said I wanted $6k-$7k but pointed out what the market is going for. I asked if anyone was interested in offering me between $4500-$7000. You also seem to miss the point regarding "greed". It's not greed but demand like Rich said. Should I sell my house today for what i bought it 20 years ago for then? You came off like a major condescending prick with your sarcasms. 

I bought mine earlier this year for 3200 with diopters, I agree the price is reaching 4500-5000, you may get beyond that for a truly single coated iscorama 36 or a rehoused isco, at least with a focus mod...but not for this. I really think you are asking at the top end. Also it looks like demand is not as high right now for them. 

Im not getting rid of mine ever but would expect a bit because Ive had it serviced with a close focus mod, really smooth focus and have both m42 and Nikon mounts for it which have been serviced to fix tight aperture. Original box, Tokina +0.4 diopters, +1,+2 and +4 hoya diopters.

I just have never seen one go for 7k...never

Hey Rob,

Yeah I didn't expect to get $7000 for it. I was thinking around $4500+ area and that was why I said BETWEEN $4500-$7000. I also have a complete set of diopters included with the sale but the more I think about it, I think i'm going to keep it unless the sale is 100% safe. Mine is a single coated version. I don't see many people using m42 mounts so the nikon version is the most popular. Also, I don't like using the original taking lens that comes with it. I like to use the zeiss zf.2 lens as the taking lens so the image is sharp and get flares when you have the right source. It's a great balance I think. I was going to shoot some video today but it's raining. I'll do some test shots soon.

Hey Rob,

Yeah I didn't expect to get $7000 for it. I was thinking around $4500+ area and that was why I said BETWEEN $4500-$7000. I also have a complete set of diopters included with the sale but the more I think about it, I think i'm going to keep it unless the sale is 100% safe. Mine is a single coated version. I don't see many people using m42 mounts so the nikon version is the most popular. Also, I don't like using the original taking lens that comes with it. I like to use the zeiss zf.2 lens as the taking lens so the image is sharp and get flares when you have the right source. It's a great balance I think. I was going to shoot some video today but it's raining. I'll do some test shots soon.

i'd keep it if i were you.  and try to incorporate it into your workflow more.  they'll only increase in value, and no other accessible lens can impart the same physical value to the visual of a piece than an iscorama.  

met a guy today in soho.

worked in commercials just came back from dubai.

a travelogue type job budget was 300 thousand pounds.

hawk anamorphics.

he said he would like to direct and shoot some of his stuff cut the crew down from 30 or 40 so he can take lower budget interesting jobs.

200-250 thousand range.

the rental on his job for hawks was 1800 ish they had to go back exactly on time cos they where going on a movie.

he gets paid 4000-8000 pounds per shooting day plus a weekly wage from the production company.

if he comes in under budget he and the producer get a bonus.

he is looking for an anamorphic a high resolution one.

no dis but maybe a couple of the buyers think nothing of the difference between 2000- and 6000 if they put it on the production budget for a commercial.

if your lens rental is near enough 2k for 1 or 2 jobs  the sums we are talking about are small change and in some cases the client is paying with the sale buried deep within the budget as some additional fee.

regardless of whatever is said the iscorama is head and shoulders above everything else from f1.2 on down.

and for folks who can add it into work costs the sums are modest.

i believe in most cases under valued for a good one.

i am not good at mathmaticks cannot even spell it.

iscorama 54 was 1200 sterling in the 1990

the camera it was used on the best nizo or canon super 8 was 200-350.

how many of you are shooting with lens that cost 3 or 4 x the value of your camera.

i believe slr magic called the iscorama spectacular for a reason they should know they would of stripped it down.

people have been talking of bubbles and collapse of iscorama price for 3 years.

fact a moller 1.5x looks 10x better than any new sub 10k  anamorphic the last one i saw went for 400 major bargain.

analogue lovely ness in a satanic digital world.

most of the thousands being made today is from scammers selling fake lens  that they do not have.

vintage optics well serviced will always be more interesting than any new stuff optical clowns today are mainly copying 80-100 year old lens recipes and sticking horrid coatings on them.

Sorry for the sarcasm guys, nothing personal against strancali or richg101.

Just tired and irritated about the latest +5k prices of Iscorama lenses. 

This forum post describes what I would like to express better than my english is allowing me to do

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Cheers

It's all good Denko. Hopefully you will have one of these beauties in your hands soon enough.

• 3 weeks later...