Feeler: Isco pre-36 (Original 50mm f2.8 single coat) ?for sale?

strancali

Guys,

I am thinking about letting my baby go but only if it is worth it to me. I have an excellent condition Isco 50mm anamorphic lens (pre-36). Smooth focus, no issues what-so-ever. The only reason I am even thinking about selling this is to fund some new gear (getting an epic etc). I see these going to $4500-$7000 on ebay for an excellent condition. Anyone here interested between those price range?

I'm in Los Angeles and you are more than welcome to come check it out if you are local.

Just want to see if anyone need one.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'm slightly confused about pre-36 vs others - does it have a serial number or "1,5x - 36" printed on the front?  I'd raised this before on the forum but received inconsistent answers - I specifically need the latter, and would be very interested if it has 1,5x - 36 printed on it.  I've been watching the eBay listings for over a year, the prices and quality are all over the place.  Genuine buyer though - if it is exactly the lens I need, let's talk.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

I'm not an expert on it but pre-36 has better flares I believe. Only some 36 models are single coated. I purchased this lens from the man  himself (mcgregor). I'll snap photos tomorrow. Maybe someone else with more experience can chime in?

Edit:  It has a serial number and does not say 1.5x 36. I think these are sought after more than the isco 36.

@strancali

ill offer you 10,000$

No wait, take my car and my house as well...

are you trolling denko? What's your problem? If it's too rich for your blood, go buy a sankor but your sarcasm is unwanted here.

EDIT: I said "I see these going for $4500- $7000 on ebay". Why should I sell it for any less? I don't even want to let this go but if I got an offer that's tempting enough, than I will sell it to fund my gear otherwise I will NEVER let it go.

ebay example 1: sold

ebay example 2: sold

FYI the second one didn't reach asking price of 6.5k  It was best offer accepted.

I've never heard of one going for 7k or even close.

are you trolling denko? What's your problem? If it's too rich for your blood, go buy a sankor but your sarcasm is unwanted here.

EDIT: I said "I see these going for $4500- $7000 on ebay". Why should I sell it for any less? I don't even want to let this go but if I got an offer that's tempting enough, than I will sell it to fund my gear otherwise I will NEVER let it go.

ebay example 1: sold

ebay example 2: sold

I've got the feeling prices on ebay lowered recently slightly. It seems the people are less hysteric and less willing to pay absurd prices!

There were many examples (some Isco54 for around $2000,- I think...) but I am too lazy to post any links.

However the Sankor is really not bad!

I've got the feeling prices on ebay lowered recently slightly. It seems the people are less hysteric and less willing to pay absurd prices!

There were many examples (some Isco54 for around $2000,- I think...) but I am too lazy to post any links.

However the Sankor is really not bad!

Yea I mean buy within your means. Denko was just being a dick. He fancy a Isco but want to pay the sankor price. For the record, I never said I want $7000 for it, that's absurd. I just said that I've seen listings within that range. I can tell you that I would not sell for less than $4500 though. Why should I when it took me forever to find a great one. 

I actually think the prices on eBay are usually higher because sellers want to cover eBay and PayPal fees which are quite high. Selling something for 5 grand you will probably end up with paying at least $500 for the fees.

Ebay for all sales of total amount higher than 500 keeps 50+the listing fees (~1 if a lot of options).

Paypal keeps 3.4% of amount paid.

Thats all.

Hey, can you share some photos of the lens?

I'll do it this week for sure. I'll shoot a sample footage too so you guys can see it in it's current stage. Optics is clean as hell, focusing is smooth with no issues. Sometimes you buy one on ebay and it's been through hell not knowing who had it. Mine was bought from Miguel (McGregor), I know it was in good hands. Anyways, it was an just an idea because I wanted to upgrade to an epic and get some cine glass so I thought I'll sacrifice my baby and take my chances down the road to find another good copy. I rather stay off the ebay route on this one. It's not like a canon L lens where if the buyer was shady, I can go to the store and grab another. I heard a lot of horror stories such as the buyer keeping the item for months then easily open a claim. I'll try to take some clear photos of the optics and demo footage in a few days.