Hack and workflow

widestreamfilms

Hello, I would be very grateful for your help. I did try the Unified Hack a while back and had problems when I tried to transcode the clip to ProRes (using Clipwrap) - I am trying to shoot with the GH2 and to integrate the material into a workflow that includes material from many different sources - the project will be cut in Final Cut Pro 7 using Pro Res proxy files, before conforming to Pro Res HQ masters. The clips I shot with the Unified Hack looked fine when I played them back in camera and in VLC player, but were corrupted in the Clip Wrap transcode, and indeed when I tried to import them into Final Cut Pro, that also converts AVCHD to ProRes within Log and Transfer. (They played for a few minutes and then became a continuous freeze frame.) AVCIntra is supposed to play natively within Final Cut Pro, but the files did not show as AVCIntra either - within the FCP browser they were seen as AVCHD.  I'm not sure if I did the Hack too early, as I know you did a more recent update - but I am working with the latest GH2 Firmware and would like to try again. I just wondered if you have done any tests transcoding the hacked material, particularly for long clips - as I need to be able to confidently shoot long clips in a broadcast documentary without problems transcoding... Also I am not entirely clear (being new to this... which hack to install - Is there any major diference between your 'Unified Hack' and Driftwood 'Spammybitch up' for example (both look good? - how reliable are both?)  - I am working in a 25P environment in the UK..... Thank you very much for any help on this. Best Mark

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs