Schneider Super Cinelux 2X vs Isco Micro 2X?

crevice

Rapido and the Anamorphic store both sell full kits and the rapido full kit has the schneider cinelux 2x and one of the anamorphic store kits has the isco micro. Has anybody compared the two and can somebody please give me their opinion on which is better? I will be using contax zeiss and leica R as taking lenses.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Anamorphic Store products are very pricey for what they are. Their single focuser is rather crappy (see the anamorphic shooters FB group). I would avoid.

Rapido has a much better deal. The single focus solution is much better and has wider coverage.

You could also consider putting several parts together yourself. Cinelux ES goes for 300-400. FVD 16 is 550. Then you will need some clamps and a support (let's say 150-250). In other words, 1000 dollar gets you a lot.

6 minutes ago, Timotheus said:

Anamorphic Store products are very pricey for what they are. Their single focuser is rather crappy (see the anamorphic shooters FB group). I would avoid.

Rapido has a much better deal. The single focus solution is much better and has wider coverage.

You could also consider putting several parts together yourself. Cinelux ES goes for 300-400. FVD 16 is 550. Then you will need some clamps and a support (let's say 150-250). In other words, 1000 dollar gets you a lot.

I am definitely leaning toward the rapido all in package. I just dont know the quality of the schneider lens and there are not many examples online

I own both. 

There is no better or worse, everything is very subjective and mostly depends on what you are looking for. 

I prefer Schneider Cinelux, since I love the way it flares. My copy has purplish / amber coatings and it really shows in the image.

ISCO's flares are subdued and almost invisible, so if you want a modern look without any optical abberations - it's a good choice. 

Both are equally sharp and contrasty.

Cinelux is a little bit heavier and bigger. 

2 hours ago, heart0less said:

I own both. 

There is no better or worse, everything is very subjective and mostly depends on what you are looking for. 

I prefer Schneider Cinelux, since I love the way it flares. My copy has purplish / amber coatings and it really shows in the image.

ISCO's flares are subdued and almost invisible, so if you want a modern look without any optical abberations - it's a good choice. 

Both are equally sharp and contrasty.

Cinelux is a little bit heavier and bigger. 

You’ve settled it - cinelux is it is, def want more flares. Thank you, you made that easy for me!