A 15MP Sony Mirrorless Camera will be Announced Soon

androidlad

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
34 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Maybe it will shoot ProRes & RAW internally and redeam itself?!

No chance. 

There's no way Sony would let this be better than the cheaper version of the FX9. 

I predicted a while ago it would be something like:

- 4k 10 bit up to 30p. 

- 4k 8 bit 60p (10 bit external)

- Updated with PDAF. 

- Bigger battery.

- Maybe S-Cinetone profile to match with FX9. 

- One little surprise, like 4k 120fps cropped with buffer. 

- Announcement NAB 2020. 

It's 5 years in the making, so I hope to see something groundbreaking from Sony - but I wouldn't bet on it being "revolutionary". 

The camera to watch out for this year looks to be the XT4. Do we have a blockbuster on our hands? 

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

The sensor readout mode on the A7 IV is shown as once again 6K downsampled to 3840 x 2160 with a 1.2x crop if shooting 30p, which hints at the same sensor as before.

Heya Andrew! I think you misread the chart a bit whilst typing out the article: nowhere does it imply 1.2x crop for 30p for new a7, that is only mentioned for current a7 III (= Cheers!

The A7SIV is rumored to have a bigger body? So it’s pretty safe to say it will finally offer 10-bit 4:2:2 internal recording...maybe?

4.8K is a bit odd unless it’s some kind of RAW output (kinda like the 1DXM3 that offers a 5.5K from its 20.1 MP sensor)

Regardless I’m sure it will blow up YouTube and everybody will sell their A73s and R4s they just bought to get it.

I hope it has RAW internal. Push other companies into a RAW arms race.

13 minutes ago, Cubanito said:

We had half of this info before here in November:

A good guess of the possible new Sony A7IV specs…

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/a-good-guess-of-the-possible-new-sony-a7iv-specs/

Yeah but when Andriodlad posts it’s almost always a confirmed thing. The dude doesn’t post bullshit.

1 hour ago, Video Hummus said:

I hope it has RAW internal. Push other companies into a RAW arms race.

No raw internal war because of patent.  They might have something like BRAW and external raw but that is about it.

Yeah, if the a7s4 has the rumored specs, count me out.  I will probably go to blackmaigic.  They have shown to be innovative.  The pocket 4k seems to beat the rumored a7s4 on all fronts except for autofocusing.  It's like canon trying to protect it's Cinema line of cameras all over again, but this time it's sony.  Disappointed because I bought a whole bunch of Gmaster glass.  Oh well....  I think if I get the pocket 4k or 6k, that should last me 4-5 years before I want something else which to me is a long time.

2 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

No it mentions FF 1.2x crop in new A7 column as well, exact same as last time. If it did the faster frame rate in 6K full pixel readout, it wouldn't need to mention a 1.2x crop at all. Who wants a 1.2x crop mode as a 'feature', creatively speaking?

a73 description: FF in 24/25p; 1.2x Crop in 30p; Super 35 in 24/25/30p

a74 description: FF, 1.2 Crop, Super 35 in 24/25/30p

a7R4 description: Super 35, FF in 24/25/30p

Phrasing is different from a73 and implies that a74 is capable of 24/25/30p in all three crop modes whereas a73 has separate frame size specified for 24/25p vs 30p. a74 recording modes are described literally the same way as a7R4 are in this table – does a7R4 have a crop for 30p?

If the A7SIV is 4K60p crop only that's a fail. 
Sony top management said last year "The A7S III will come late because we want to exceed people expectations. People expect 4K60p. 4K60P is easy, we want to exceed that". 

So either that chart is complete BS, either Sony couldn't possibly achieve 4K60 FF in such a small body with IBIS and that would be very disappointing. They would have no excuse not to put a great 10 bit codec in that case at least. 

I think a lot of people expect more from this (a7s update) than what it is.

Not really made to be a camera for shooting in well lit studios or sets (though you probably could).

Sure it is a camera for video and stills but the S stands for sensitivity and I would expect it to have a noticeable improvement over the earlier version at higher ISOs (which are already excellent).    The small jump in pixel count will give it a rise in stills shooters too and the faster FPS for stills (with possibly actual tracking AF in an A7s version ????)     It might be an excellent camera for sports pros too for really low light (as a second camera).      Seems like a pretty big upgrade for an A7s to me 

If these A7S-III specs are right. Sony seems to be targeting the Lumix S1 but maybe NOT the S1H. I suspect that the S1H is WAY over spec'd for Sony to match in any "consumer" Alpha. XDCAM managers will demand that the future A7S-III will need to be crippled in very distinct ways. Alpha will want it to have everything and XDCAM would rather it not even exist at all. At some point they will agree and compromise with each other. The S1H is overloaded with an extremely high feature set that rivals an FX9 or even possibly Venice. Lumix is using Sony's own EXMOR image sensors against them!

10bit color is a must but what about Alpha's 29 minute time limit? Will Sony allow it to properly overheat to keep the high dollar pro's away from it? Rumors also say an FX6 is on the way...the cheaper, SD card long-GOP version of the FX9.

I suspect that the A7S-III is THE most hotly debated camera in Sony headquater meeting rooms in the companies history. 

The A7S-III's biggest enemy wont be Lumix, Cannon, Nikon or BlackMagic. Its biggest enemy will be Sony's own internal politics!

19 minutes ago, Cliff Totten said:

If these A7S-III specs are right. Sony seems to be targeting the Lumix S1 but maybe NOT the S1H. I suspect that the S1H is WAY over spec'd for Sony to match in any "consumer" Alpha. XDCAM managers will demand that the future A7S-III will need to be crippled in very distinct ways. Alpha will want it to have everything and XDCAM would rather it not even exist at all. At some point they will agree and compromise with each other. The S1H is overloaded with an extremely high feature set that rivals an FX9 or even possibly Venice. Lumix is using Sony's own EXMOR image sensors against them!

10bit color is a must but what about Alpha's 29 minute time limit? Will Sony allow it to properly overheat to keep the high dollar pro's away from it? Rumors also say an FX6 is on the way...the cheaper, SD card long-GOP version of the FX9.

I suspect that the A7S-III is THE most hotly debated camera in Sony headquater meeting rooms in the companies history. 

The A7S-III's biggest enemy wont be Lumix, Cannon, Nikon or BlackMagic. Its biggest enemy will be Sony's own internal politics!

There won't be 29min59sec limit on Alpha cameras, it's already gone on a6400, 6600 and a7R IV.

25 minutes ago, Cliff Totten said:

Short term, yes its sonys internal politics.  Longterm, its blackmagic imho since blackmagic are willing to use other peoples sensors and gives what filmmakers want.