A 15MP Sony Mirrorless Camera will be Announced Soon

androidlad

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

So we are sure this is gonna be 4k 60 with no crop? Im about to buy into panasonic s1r,s for the 4k60 1.1 crop since they are 50% off. I wonder what price point and if it will be 10bit or not. Maybe i should hold off.. but 1800 per cam for 4k60 1.1 crop is hard to pass and if this sony cam drops at a 4k price point i wont be able to buy 3 of them anyway lol

8 hours ago, Silenkiller said:

So we are sure this is gonna be 4k 60 with no crop? Im about to buy into panasonic s1r,s for the 4k60 1.1 crop since they are 50% off. I wonder what price point and if it will be 10bit or not. Maybe i should hold off.. but 1800 per cam for 4k60 1.1 crop is hard to pass and if this sony cam drops at a 4k price point i wont be able to buy 3 of them anyway lol

The S1R is half the price for a reason: nobody buys that crap. 

2 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

It's not crap, I just don't think there's much of a market for it. It's not ideal for video, and there are more popular options for photographers who need that many megapixels. 

I said it when the s1/s1r first came out. The overpriced lenses with their Leica tax (even the Pansonic ones) will keep the L mount system from being a popular choice.

4 hours ago, Mako Sports said:

I said it when the s1/s1r first came out. The overpriced lenses with their Leica tax (even the Pansonic ones) will keep the L mount system from being a popular choice.

No, the autofocus will.

Canon users are happily paying $2300 for a 15-35 f/2.8!

Canon RF 24-70 f/2.8 $2,300.....Lumix 24-70 f/2.8 S Pro $2,200 (with better IS)....Sigma 24-70 f/2.8...$1,099!

Canon RF 24-105 f/4 $900.....The Lumix 24-105 S f/4 macro $1300 (doubles as a macro, unlike the RF, has better IS)

Lumix 16-35 S Pro f/4...$1,500 (this one is slightly overpriced)

I bet if the Lumix S series cameras had capable PDAF for video then it would have be extremely popular alternative to Sony and Canon.

Canon RF lens prices are outrageous, but people pay to stay in the system because of Dual pixel autofocus.

Panasonic should have taken the hit and used PDAF for at least the S1 and S1H. I think they made a mistake.

28 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

No, the autofocus will.

Canon users are happily paying $2300 for a 15-35 f/2.8!

Canon RF 24-70 f/2.8 $2,300.....Lumix 24-70 f/2.8 S Pro $2,200 (with better IS)....Sigma 24-70 f/2.8...$1,099!

Canon RF 24-105 f/4 $900.....The Lumix 24-105 S f/4 macro $1300 (doubles as a macro, unlike the RF, has better IS)

Lumix 16-35 S Pro f/4...$1,500 (this one is slightly overpriced)

I bet if the Lumix S series cameras had capable PDAF for video then it would have be extremely popular alternative to Sony and Canon.

Canon RF lens prices are outrageous, but people pay to stay in the system because of Dual pixel autofocus.

Panasonic should have taken the hit and used PDAF for at least the S1 and S1H. I think they made a mistake.

I do tend to agree with you. Why Pana discregarded PDAF for such a long period time is a mystery to me. Litterally every one eIse has it by now, even Olympus. I have made a promise to myself - I am not buying GH6 if it doesnt have PDAF, I will just say bye bye to Panasonic and move to Fuji/Sony. All next gen Pana cameras should have PDAF or I am not intrested. 

4 hours ago, Mako Sports said:

I think as Sigma and Panasonic release more lenses it'll pick up, but until then it'll go through the same thing Sony went through a few years ago when they didn't have the lens lineup they have now. Problem is, is it too late in general to play catch up if you're Panasonic? I think for video shooters no. I think the S1 has done pretty good for them, and I think the S1H will do good for that audience. For photographers though? I think it's a real uphill battle to gain much of a market share there. 

12 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

I think as Sigma and Panasonic release more lenses it'll pick up, but until then it'll go through the same thing Sony went through a few years ago when they didn't have the lens lineup they have now. Problem is, is it too late in general to play catch up if you're Panasonic? I think for video shooters no. I think the S1 has done pretty good for them, and I think the S1H will do good for that audience. For photographers though? I think it's a real uphill battle to gain much of a market share there. 

The L-mount lens offerings are not that bad. They are just missing a 16-35 f/2.8 for the professional "holy trinity" f/2.8 line that most people buy (16-35, 24-70, 70-200). They already have a great walk-about lens in the 24-105 f/4 Macro and affordable options from Sigma.

I agree the  S1 and the S1H are/will do well in the video world. They made a huge strategic mistake in not added PDAF to the S1/S1H. It would have basically been the A7SIII everybody was waiting for (except for the 40K60p crop). But I would happily trade a crop in 4K60p mode for a native 6K24p recording option in the S1H.

We shall see what the A7SIII brings. There are always gotchas with Sony. If Sony releases a A7SIII with limited recording times or delivers weak 8-bit codecs, or no PDAF then I predict an uptick in sales of the S1 and the S1H.

No 8k?  Look at mode 8C on the chart.  It is an extra wide 9.576k mode at 30fps, which you can extract a wide format 8k out of. 

In sensors they can use the option to window out the resolution you want at higher frame rates.  However, a manufacturer could lock out this function and just give set modes.

Now, can we have something on Red?  Like how there patent survives?  I think there might a patent lawyer around here who could access and write it.

Hey Video Hummus. New Sigma Foveon camera is coming.

Anyway, what is the point of the Sony, without 8k, 12 bit 4:2:2/Bayer and 17 stops HDR rec2100 video?  What is the use of even better low light stars, unless it can show us planets around them aswell?  :)

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Gianluca said:

Only 4k 60p in s35 mode? I cannot believe this is true.... 

A7sM4 ??? This chart is a sr0 rumor at least.. 

After the disruption A7 III caused, Sony really slowed down with being innovative and offering breakthrough specs, so I wouldn't be too surprised if the info provided by androidlad proved to be true.

Just take a look at a6x00 series.
The only thing superior to Fuji X-T30 / X-T3 is that Sony offers IBIS and has better AF.