A 15MP Sony Mirrorless Camera will be Announced Soon

androidlad

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, kaylee said:

120fps in 4k??? a FAN?????!!!

lol we'll see huh

https://petapixel.com/2019/12/13/blurry-photo-of-sony-a7s-iii-leaked-prototype-shoots-4k-120p-report/

edit: also, all cameras should have a fully articulated flippy screen. i kno bloggers like it but so do i ?

This is quite exciting....

1775923262_ClipboardImage(32).thumb.jpg.2251fca9a288aee06915823c962390b4.jpg

I like the fact that Sony has finally decided to compromise the size for better thermals. Also they seem to have prioritized bit rate (hopefully) and frame rate over 6k or 8k....

Hmm I've been waiting for the A7siii announcement to decide if I should upgrade from the NX1 but since I'm just a hobbyist and really prefer to have both halves of the camera I guess I'll wait for the A7IV. I know it's a specialized camera but damn I was hoping for just a bit more mp for larger prints. And a better menu system. My God, Sony should have just bought Samsung's camera division for their UI designers. 

I will never understand the complaints about Sony menus and UI.

Sure they are big but then there is LOT in it on a camera like an A7s.

I have cameras (some P&S and some ILCs) from Sony (2), Canon (3), Fuji (1), and Panasonic (2) and have had lots from Pentax, Nikon and Olympus and more and I do not find Sony all that different to any of the others.

For me, it's just that Samsung nailed it. Ive looked through the A7iii menu and it was like trying to read the Matrix code screens. I set up the a7iii I bought for my sister and had to watch a 30 min walk through to understand the like 30 different pages that look straight out of 2002. Options are great, but Sony could hold your hand a little better with them when you buy a 2-3k camera. Ergonomics is important alongside specs. 

20 minutes ago, hk908 said:

A7iii menu and it was like trying to read the Matrix code screens

Like the picture profiles PP1-7. Instead of saying HLG3 or Cine2 they are just generic PP1-7.

21 minutes ago, hk908 said:

Options are great, but Sony could hold your hand a little better with them when you buy a 2-3k camera. Ergonomics is important alongside specs

Well to be fair it’s infinitely customizable. I got rid of my A7III because it’s in hand ergonomics were terrible. Canon and Panasonic and Olympus get this right.

Ill take crappy UI if I get good ergos, because generally I set up the camera once and I’m done.  The in-hand ergos matter every time you pick up the camera. Menus not so much. 

1 hour ago, hk908 said:

For me, it's just that Samsung nailed it. Ive looked through the A7iii menu and it was like trying to read the Matrix code screens. I set up the a7iii I bought for my sister and had to watch a 30 min walk through to understand the like 30 different pages that look straight out of 2002. Options are great, but Sony could hold your hand a little better with them when you buy a 2-3k camera. Ergonomics is important alongside specs. 

The NX1 UI and settings were perfect.