FCPX - video pixelated in timeline but not in browser. wtf?

Thpriest

I'm editing a video shot with the GH5 in 4k 10 bit on a 1080p timeline in FCPX (like I have done 100s of times before) but some of the shots appear pixelated in the timeline (but not in the browser). Others are fine. I have the settings for Best Quality and Optimised Media but it's as if some shots are stuck in proxy. Anyone had a similar experience or know how to fix it?

High Sierra 10.13.6 FCPX 10.4.6

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, Thpriest said:

I'm editing a video shot with the GH5 in 4k 10 bit on a 1080p timeline in FCPX (like I have done 100s of times before) but some of the shots appear pixelated in the timeline (but not in the browser). Others are fine. I have the settings for Best Quality and Optimised Media but it's as if some shots are stuck in proxy. Anyone had a similar experience or know how to fix it?

High Sierra 10.13.6 FCPX 10.4.6

If you render those clips in your timeline, do they still look pixelated?

29 minutes ago, Thpriest said:

Hi Dimitris, yes, they remain pixelated. It's very weird.

Yep this is weird. Let's take this from start since i am using the same camera and software.

You are importing your clips and then create both proxy and optimised media, right?

Have you checked your project's codec settings for optimised media? Is it ProRes 422?

You can try to import one of the problematic clips without creating optimised media (with different file name) and see what happens. 

Maybe there is some corruption happening when the original media are re-encoded and then replaced by ProRes files.