Launch Announcement - PBC Pocket Remote For Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras

BTM_Pix

• Super Members
3 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

@BTM_Pix

Thanks for very quick and effective responses, and I'm sure many people were grateful got your email about this issue, but I think you may need to send another as BMD have released a new update expected to fix the Bluetooth. I'm going to test it out this evening, and will happily report back if you'd like. 

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/readme/a801de7e49a744b7aad008a438f27d35

Check your inbox in about 90 seconds 😉

We downloaded and tested it early this morning and all is good now.

• 3 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
On 8/23/2020 at 12:19 PM, Anaconda_ said:

That's amazing. I noticed audio controls aren't on any of the ios apps either, so feared it might be like the stills function, and not possible over bluetooth.

Good news.

Control of the audio levels for both channels has now been incorporated and will be in the PBC firmware update that will be released to support the AFX (though its not dependent on buying an AFX !).

• Super Members
On 9/16/2020 at 8:34 AM, Anaconda_ said:

One more request / suggestion:

Is there a way to implement the Window Sensor mode? Assuming the camera's already set to shoot ProRes 1080p, having the window mode at your fingertips would be really cool. It would make the 18-35mm lens even better for any run'n'gun situation.

Yes, it can be implemented but we tend to avoid anything that will make a destructive difference to the recording format.

If BM had something on the camera screen that indicated it was in window mode then it would be safer and I suspect that it is why its not available to be mapped to one of their function keys even though it is a very useful tool to have.

It is slightly different with the PBC because it would be a very deliberate process to go into setup and assign it (and it could be mapped to a long press so its more difficult to trigger accidentally) so it might be possible to consider it for the benefit of consenting adults in a future update.