Autel EVO 2 Drone with 8K, 6K and 4K 120P

androidlad

https://dronedj.com/2019/11/26/autel-evo-2-specs-drone-with-8k-6k-with-1-inch-sensor-and-thermal-options/

The three user-changeable gimbal modules for the Autel Evo 2 are:

586 gimbal: provides an 8K video camera that will take still photos of up to 48MP and records 8K video at 25 fps, 6K at 30 fps, or 4K at 30 or 60 fps with a bit rate of up to 120 Mbps.

383 gimbal: features an Ultra-HD camera with a 1-inch sensor for 6K video and still photos of up to 20MP. It will record video up to 5.5K at 60fps or 4K video at 120 fps and has an adjustable lens aperture from f/2.8 to f/11.

Dual-sensor gimbal: provides an infrared camera that takes infrared images of 640 x 512 or 320 x 256 and records video at 720p at 30 fps in dual image mode. It has the same 8K video camera as described above.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, androidlad said:

383 gimbal: features an Ultra-HD camera with a 1-inch sensor for 6K video and still photos of up to 20MP. It will record video up to 5.5K at 60fps or 4K video at 120 fps and has an adjustable lens aperture from f/2.8 to f/11.

1" 6K??
4K 120fps??

Wow

27 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

1" 6K??
4K 120fps??

Wow

1 minute ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

This is what DJI should be offering IMHO, why not with the smaller sensor sizes. 

It's only possible because of this newly released stacked sensor, IMX383.

However, all those relevant readout modes are using 10bit ADC, which would seriously compromise IQ.

4 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

That 383 gimbal looks awesome. I've heard good things about Autel. For us North American guys its also good as its based in the USA and has great costumer support from what I have heard. 

Why would anyone here care about costumer support? Lol

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I reviewed the EVO I for fstoppers. Bottom line: good hardware, some nice features but the gimbal performance was horrible with constant and severe horizon drift (roll axis). I still see some drift on the video posted above. It also suffers from multiple glitches. The colors were a bit "flashy". It had some potential but they need to fix that.

As for the EVO2, I'm curious about the quality if 8k on such a small sensor with a very limited bitrate (120mps). There is much sensor an h265 can do and the lens won't exactly be Sigma art... Looks like a useless gimmick to me. It's advertise as a digital zoom feature. Perhaps because they can't mount a proper optical zoom or don't have a good gimbal tech to stabilize it?

I'll try to get my hand on the EVO2 for review. We really need more competition on this field.

PS: the support chat is very good and responsive with Autel. Big difference compared to DJI...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...