Foot support for full day of shooting

newfoundmass

I know what you are talking about foot pain, believe me , I tried a lot of different shoes, some are too soft that bothers you, no stability at all, others not comfortable enough for the whole day, forget about nike, adidas, etc...either get some working shoes that has been designed for people to be on foot the whole day....or buy a new balance shoes, but not all the new balance are the same, try the new balance 860 THOSE are the best ones, comfortable and with support you can use them the whole day and no problem at all, hope this help you!!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'm lucky enough that most of my shoots are happening either at the beach, or on a fishing boat, or along outback tracks where you're constantly wading through tropical creeks, etc, which means most of my shooting has been done barefoot for the past few years (hence the handle).

Back when I shot weddings, Dr Scholl's were the go-to shoes for those shooters who were often on their feet for 15+ hours a day. I never needed them myself but they were highly recommended by many colleagues.

On 11/29/2019 at 3:54 AM, newfoundmass said:

I've been having trouble lately on long shoots with my feet, particularly my heels, being in a lot of pain.

I'm just gonna flag up the Plantar Fasciitis thing again:

Plantar fasciitis (PLAN-tur fas-e-I-tis) is one of the most common causes of heel pain. It involves inflammation of a thick band of tissue that runs across the bottom of your foot and connects your heel bone to your toes (plantar fascia).

Both myself, and three friends (not filmmakers) have had it.  Very common.  More or less eradicated mine with calf raises.

5 hours ago, barefoot_dp said:

I'm lucky enough that most of my shoots are happening either at the beach

I hate you. ?

Thanks all! I'm looking at these right now to put in my Adidas. If that doesn't work I'm gonna try out a pair of New Balance! 

Samurai Insoles Instant Relief Orthotics for Flat Feet - Plantar Fasciitis Pain Relief Guaranteed, Arch Support Shoe Insert Insoles for Foot and Heel Pain M13 https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00OJCPU5K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jLP4Db3CQGMPT

Keep any tips coming! Thanks for all the help so far! 

lol, brings me back childhood memories of seeing these 'Phase 4 Orthodics' TellSell commercials on tellie. xD

Guess barefoot_dp's nickname makes more sense now too. ?

Been meaning to try NB shoes at some point, but didn't ever see a shoe that 'was me' sorta say. They need to up their style game. Also been hearing good things about the Hoka One One Rincon, seem a similar kinda deal.