RED Komodo

nathlas

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I’m not really a fan of RED because of some questionable business practices, but I’m warming up to the Komodo. This is now on my list of things to purchase. So it’s either the Komodo, the Canon CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 COMPACT-SERVO Cinema Zoom Lens (EF Mount) or the GFX 100. In the next few weeks I will be sure on my next investment. 

On 6/13/2020 at 10:24 AM, crevice said:

I was removed from the Facebook group because I argued that the footage should be critiqued and analyzed like any other footage. It’s a very weird vibe over there. Either you bow down to Jared or you get the boot. They also preach maturity, but can’t take any criticism. When the whole Red SSD fiasco happened, the amount of people defending Red on their forums were crazy. I don’t even dislike their cameras, but man it feels like you have to constantly walk on eggshells. 

I got removed from the RED Facebook groups years ago! Simply for mild criticism of them. 

Then again I've also been removed from /r/LocationSound/ as well for merely questioning the policies of the Mods of r/LocationSound.....  :-/ 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Super8 said:

This is starting to talk to me.......a........little.

This is perfect to me. Loved the feel, quality, colors and texture of the image. I'm waiting for the Canon R5 and the A7SIII to make a decision, but having the A7III and the BMPCC4K (With Canon L glass and Cfast cards) I think that the Komodo is definitely the way to go for something more cinematic and better packed (The BMPCC it's a hell to work with...)

if Komodo not only get the RF mount, but also some kind of DPAF from Canon, it is really going to be in my list, I love RED footage, so easy to work with and so much room to grade, also I have a R1 which could be a perfect match....let's see, if not good enough I will go R6 route.

12 hours ago, hijodeibn said:

if Komodo not only get the RF mount, but also some kind of DPAF from Canon, it is really going to be in my list, I love RED footage, so easy to work with and so much room to grade, also I have a R1 which could be a perfect match....let's see, if not good enough I will go R6 route.

PDAF need a lot of fine tuning I think, it all about the algorithm

On 6/18/2020 at 7:53 AM, IronFilm said:

I got removed from the RED Facebook groups years ago! Simply for mild criticism of them. 

Then again I've also been removed from /r/LocationSound/ as well for merely questioning the policies of the Mods of r/LocationSound.....  :-/ 

Behave:)

Dear forum friends, I really like you. Just that Komodo footage I have seen so far, not so much. Who is the youtuber Tim Daust whos videos have been posted on this page of the thread? He has only a few videos and all of them are Komodo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 6:17 AM, JordanWright said:

A lot of people starting to get stormtroopers, I think we will start to get some decent footage soon. It's a bit disappointing to see that no RF lenses will work at launch. 

Yeah, though my work horse lens is all in EF so not really concerned about it yet.

Here is a compare between bmpcc6k vs komodo i saw online