Skydio 2

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 minutes ago, Amazeballs said:

I really like everyting about this copter, but the same 12mpx camera most of them share. All other specs look fantastic. 

The bad is... apparently their Hover 2 campaign only started shipping just now, months after they were supposed to (MAR 2019). Also... basically just a young Chinese company (then again, so was DJI at some point), but reminding more of the cheaper corner, think: Hubsan, Eachine & JJRC. At least they do things differently. But the quality I think might not be quite there. Sample/footage/reviews/time will tell...

I was in the first batch and have not received my drone yet. But after watching some of the early reviewers I messaged them yesterday and asked to cancel my order.

1 - the AI follow mode looks interesting, but was not impressive. I think the technology needs another 2-3 years to mature. 
2 - Mavic 2 pro (was discounted to near the same price) is probably a better choice for me who wants a better camera for photography

3 - video the HDR mode of skydio looks promising for daylight, but for lowlight the mavic 2 seem to be doing better. 

4 - the drone tracking you is not very cinematic. To get the cinematic angle and movement you want, you have to  manually fly the drone yourself. 

5 - manual flight with the supplied joystick didn't seem that good

6 - DJI might be releasing Mavic 3 in a month and might have a good-enough AI built-in with much better image quality which is better for my needs. 

If I was mountingbiking in open fields or other activities, the skydio AI might have been better a choice. For photography and video work with occasional activities that I want a drone to follow me, DJI and its next iteration will probably meet my needs better. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...