Who said MFT format is dead?

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Rinad Amir said:

Who said its dead? ?

There were a few rumors earlier this week that Olympus was either closing or selling their imaging business.  Olympus debunked it by issuing statements through various web sites.  Here is the statement from Joe Edelman's Youtube site.

Official Olympus Statement - 11/20/19

Following the launch of Olympus’ Corporate Strategy on November 6th, we saw many rumors about Olympus selling or closing its consumer imaging business.

To clarify Olympus’ position: Olympus has no plans to sell our consumer imaging business.

Our corporate strategy does include focusing on Medical and drives our ambition for all Olympus businesses to be profitable and contribute to our overall business objectives. For Imaging, this means we need to stabilize and strengthen our market position.

To achieve these goals, we’re actively executing global marketing activities with our new Break Free campaigns and have a clear and exciting product roadmap for the coming months and years.

We’re strongly pursuing future technology developments that will enhance photography and video for creators. Furthermore, the Imaging division is and will continue to be an important technology and innovation driver for Olympus’ other businesses.

As you know, we have a unique consumer product portfolio. Our systems are compact, lightweight and offer market-leading image stabilization and autofocus performance. No other product line offers photographers this level of optical excellence and mobility.

Just recently, we’ve launched our new OM-D E-M5 Mark III, and we’ve previously announced the development of the highly anticipated M.Zuiko Digital ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO handheld super telephoto lens on track to be launched next year.

Kipon announced a EF-MFT Mount Adapter with variable ND filter. Supports auto focus too. Suggested retail will be about $600 US, which seems a bit high since it isn't a speed booster, but it wouldn't shock me to see Viltrox or one of the other Chinese companies put out a decent low priced version. 

KIPON-EF-MFT-AF-ND-1.jpg

https://www.tokyotrading.jp/info/可変ndフィルター搭載afマウントアダプター-「ef-mft-af-nd」/

15 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

Hope someone makes a MFT speedbooster with a eVND element in it that is powered off the pins with AF pass through. Have no clue if technically possible but I know I would pay good money for the convenience. 

I've wondered if that would be possible as well. My assumption is that there wouldn't be enough space for both a eVND and the glass elements needed for a speedbooster. But again, I also don't know. 

5 minutes ago, colepat said:

I've wondered if that would be possible as well. My assumption is that there wouldn't be enough space for both a eVND and the glass elements needed for a speedbooster. But again, I also don't know. 

Yeah I'm guessing there's likely not enough room to do both, at least not optimally. Maybe someone will be able to do it though!