Introducing the EOSHD Tim Apple LUT for that washed out nationalist propaganda look

Andrew Reid

9 hours ago, fuzzynormal said:

As much as I'd suppose you'd like it to be true, the GOP would probably be unable to launch a criminal indictment into Hunter Biden because it's only a wild-hair conspiracy and current investigations into Biden's role have him operating within the confines of the law. 

Never mind,  you're right.  I just watched MSNBC.  Hunter Biden was given $82,000 a month salary because he was able to talk Ukrainian; also some people say he had no experiences in the energy sector and should NOT be on the board of the energy company, but that was wrong too.  Msnbc told me that he has over 20 years experience developing energy plans for countries like Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and parts of the USA; he is not some dead beat who has not accomplished anything other than being the son of a prominent politician.  It was also just a coincidence that his Dad who was the vice president said on tape that the Ukrainian government needs to stop looking into the obviously, super qualified hunter Biden (his son) and the $82,000 a month job, or else his Dad would do everything in his power as vice president to with hold aid to the ukraine.

Nothing to see.  Time to move on and hope that I too can become another, hardworking, honest man like hunter Biden.  That way I can buy any camera i want instead of just pining for them.  Maybe with hard work, I can get a $82,000 a month job.  I wonder when he even had time to learn Ukrainian?  After work, I get so tired, I barely have any energy left except to cook food and take care of my son. 

1 hour ago, Chrad said:

So why do you think the accusers are lying?

The oldest reason in the world:  ideology 

Why do you think millions of people died in the killing fields????  Not all of them were against the regime, were they?  Why do you think million of people perished in the gulags of the soviet union?  Were they all american spies?  Or, the preventable famines in China??? Were all those rice farmers stupid and the central government far away from those rice field, these government bureaucrats knows best - at least that's what the officials said?  etc. etc..

ideology allows people to accept the unknown, the unclear, the speculative as TRUTH.  So far, as things go, it hasn't been too bad.  A guy got his reputation smeared, a president may or may not lose his job a few months before a election, etc. etc..  It's sad and hopeful in a way.  It's sad that people still accept speculation has proof.. it's hopeful because there hasn't been any mass death... yet... yeah, a few antifa brown coats have been intimidating people, but that's a lot better than the organized brown coat of yesterdays.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
15 minutes ago, eleison said:

The oldest reason in the world:  ideology 

Why do you think millions of people died in the killing fields????  Not all of them were against the regime, were they?  Why do you think million of people perished in the gulags of the soviet union?  Were they all american spies?  Or, the preventable famines in China??? Were all those rice farmers stupid and the central government far away from those rice field, these government bureaucrats knows best - at least that's what the officials said?  etc. etc..

ideology allows people to accept the unknown, the unclear, the speculative as TRUTH.  So far, as things go, it hasn't been too bad.  A guy got his reputation smeared, a president may or may not lose his job a few months before a election, etc. etc..  It's sad and hopeful in a way.  It's sad that people still accept speculation has proof.. it's hopeful because there hasn't been any mass death... yet... yeah, a few antifa brown coats, but that's a lot better than the organized brown coat of yesterdays.

Sounds a lot like feelings unsupported by evidence to me.

2 minutes ago, Chrad said:

Sounds a lot like feelings unsupported by evidence to me.

Tell that to the millions of people buried in the ground... or who's fathers who got shipped of to Siberia never to see their sons again; fun times...  Like I said, what we have now, could be worse.  "Orange man bad" theology comes from a very evil place, but thankfully there is enough people with the power to oppose and to stop that kindling from starting a conflagration. 

1 minute ago, eleison said:

Tell that to the millions of people buried in the ground... or who's fathers who got shipped of to Siberia never to see their sons again; fun times...  Like I said, what we have now, could be worse.  "Orange man bad" theology comes from a very evil place, but thankfully there is enough people with the power to oppose and to stop that kindling from starting a conflagration. 

You think believing the Kavanaugh accusers is wrong because it's based on feelings rather than evidence, but then chose to believe that they are lying, based on your own gut feelings. And somehow this has something to do with Pol Pot and Stalin?

4 minutes ago, Chrad said:

You think believing the Kavanaugh accusers is wrong because it's based on feelings rather than evidence, but then chose to believe that they are lying, based on your own gut feelings. And somehow this has something to do with Pol Pot and Stalin?

I use evidence and empirical validation.  I never once said I would use my gut feelings to accuse someone of lying.  The regimes of Pol Pot and Stalin can only exist largely because of emotions.  The theology is greater than the man or the objective truth.  Those that oppose must be put down at all costs.  If you don't believe in the greater communist mother land, you will be put down; if you don't believe in "zero year", you will be part of the road that the ox cart moves on to build that 1000 year empire.  The "orange man bad" theology is just the same, but in a very, very smaller scale.  But like it's other counterparts, it is based on emotions.  

30 minutes ago, eleison said:

I use evidence and empirical validation.  I never once said I would use my gut feelings to accuse someone of lying.  The regimes of Pol Pot and Stalin can only exist largely because of emotions.  The theology is greater than the man or the objective truth.  Those that oppose must be put down at all costs.  If you don't believe in the greater communist mother land, you will be put down; if you don't believe in "zero year", you will be part of the road that the ox cart moves on to build that 1000 year empire.  The "orange man bad" theology is just the same, but in a very, very smaller scale.  But like it's other counterparts, it is based on emotions.  

Sounds like a terminal case of cognitive dissonance to me.

3 hours ago, Mokara said:

There is nothing to indicate that Buttigieg is racist, other than you not liking him. 

Sanders has been saying the same thing for years, so what? It still pushes the right buttons with a certain demographic just like Trump does with his certain demographic. To follow people like that you have to abandon objectivity and pragmatism, and instead follow a cult of personality. No other view is acceptable, only theirs.

You start losing brain function at around 40, there is a steady decline after that. When you get into your 70s that loss is significant, which is why most people that old are not nearly as sharp as they should be. In 70s you begin to see real problems with the onset of conditions such as dementia and the affects of other degenerative diseases. Intellectually people are in their prime in their 40s and 50s, that is when most great work is done. Very few people peak in their 60s and no one when they are older than that.

First of all, Buttigieg claimed to have endorsements from dozens of black South Carolinians who did not endorse him. He also sent out a message with a list of endorsements that were implied to be from black people but many people on the list were white. This is racist in and of itself: he's putting words in the mouths of African-Americans so he can fool other African-Americans into voting for him.

He's also under a cloud of scandal for mishandling a police shooting (of a black person) in his town and also the firing of their first black police chief. The evidence against him is mounting, which is why he has so few black supporters and prominent blacks from South Bend have endorsed his opponents.

Sanders hasn't just been saying the same things for 40 years. He has been ACCURATELY diagnosing the problems of America. There are areas where I disagree with him and I'd be happy to tell you where. It's not a cult of the personality. I like his policies the most and I believe he would enforce them.

Say what you want about mental decline with age. All I know is that McConnell and Pelosi can predict the future of politics better than anyone else in the game. They know when a scandal is going to be a big deal and when it will blow over. They are more effective in their roles than younger folks have been. Experience counts. Again, I say that as a 30-year old but an avid reader of political news.

On 11/22/2019 at 10:33 AM, forofilms said:

The US is in cultural collapse. To understand that you have study the rise and fall of empires (I can suggest some authors). We are clearly in the decadent phase of our arc. The decline is real and irreversible.  

And that should scare the S**t out of most people because China is on the rise. Everybody in the world seems to hate America because there the hegemonic. Imagine what China will be like.

On 11/23/2019 at 6:14 AM, helium said:

You might want to read "The Paranoid Style in American Politics", for a useful description of Trump's style of politics, and that of the Republican party.  Or for a more modern update, consider the views of two "fellows" of the American Enterprise Institute -- a right-wing think tank -- who explained what the Republicans were as of 2012:

"The GOP has become an insurgent outlier in American politics. It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition."

But I know that's music to you!  Just the chattering of libtards, right?  What global warming?  It's cold outside!  And so what if the poorest and most backward areas of country -- the ones which receive far more Federal dollars than they put in, thanks to the much richer liberal states -- are the big Trump supporters?  That just proves they're virtuous!   

Thing is, while we don't mind paying your bills (there's nothing wrong with "welfare"), it's galling to be told that we're the ones who love the nanny state, when it's the American south, Trump country, which is on the government tit.  Then again, if you believe Obama was born in Kenya and the famous server is in Ukraine, you may have difficulty distinguishing credits from debits.  Or maintaining any notion of "good government" or a decent civil society.  Ah, Jonesy....  This fantasy world of yours.  You might want to try Guatemala  or Nigeria, if you hate big government.  And take your camera!  They love log footage in hot libertarian paradises.  

"The GOP has become an insurgent outlier in American politics. It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition." Health care for illegal immigrants?  6 year olds should be reassigned genders? There's no difference between men and women? Trump colluded with Russia? Every conservative I know thinks climate change is real, we just realize that China and India produce 100's of times more carbon than the US. Maybe the reason why the American south is so poor is because the richest area in the country is washington D.C. Bernie Sanders has never had a real job but he's worth over 6 million?

2 hours ago, RWR said:

While Obama was a wet blanket on the economy, Sanders would be a lead blanket. Warren is same but more likely.

Hey..how 'bout them cameras!!!

The Trump economy is growing at the same rate as the Obama economy, in spite of Trump's massive tax cut stimulus and deregulation. And it's growing at a far cry from the 3-4%+ that he promised.

Plus, the new jobs that are being created are part-time and/or low-paying, which is part of the reason the top 10-20% of wage earners are pulling away from the bottom. This is the problem Bernie wants to address.

Fun fact: the average US GDP growth in the 1950s was over 4% and the top marginal income tax rate was 91%.

1 hour ago, Cinto Brewer said:

Every conservative I know thinks climate change is real, we just realize that China and India produce 100's of times more carbon than the US. Maybe the reason why the American south is so poor is because the richest area in the country is washington D.C. Bernie Sanders has never had a real job but he's worth over 6 million?

If conservatives believe in climate change, how come their President denies it and they refused to do anything about it for decades? Boomers have been massively irresponsible and totally screwed future generations.

The south is poor because they pursued a path of low taxes and low educational investment. The US economy has shifted to technology and services; metropolitan areas with educated workforces have thrived. Low-skilled work has been outsourced to low-wage countries thanks to destructive free-trade deals.

Bernie Sanders' money is largely from writing a best-selling book. He could have made a lot more money if he were crooked.

7 hours ago, Chrad said:

I doubt anybody believes that woman. Even her commiee handlers. 

8 hours ago, Cinto Brewer said:

Every conservative I know thinks climate change is real, we just realize that China and India produce 100's of times more carbon than the US. Maybe the reason why the American south is so poor is because the richest area in the country is washington D.C. Bernie Sanders has never had a real job but he's worth over 6 million?

Sorry, but you have cabon emission confused with particulate matter emission. The United States produces around twice the amount of carbon emissions as India and around China produces around 3 times the carbon emissions as we do. Per capita, China's carbon emissions is about on par with the United States, India's per capita carbon emission is significantly lower than the United States.

When it comes to particulate matter emission, India and China is still producing magnitudes of PM more than the US, even on a per capita basis. Today's clean burning diesels(even the cheating VW diesels) produce around 100 than the tier 1 emission compliant engines of a decade or so ago. The carbon emission output has remained almost the same despite the massive reduction in PM. That's why the air quality in the US has made incredible improvements over the last half century, but carbon emission rates have hardly changed.

3 hours ago, sanveer said:

This entire thread was just political outburts. It clearly had nothing to do with filmmaking or videography, even remotely. It's probably on the lines of the spamming which was happening with fake IDs (minus the fake IDs). 

It needs to be sent to trash/deleted. 

Oh, I'd disagree quickly with that.  Who we are in life is who we are as filmmakers.  Unless you're just a straight ahead craft-person singularly focused on the technical, you should always give some of what you and who you are are to your creations.   I mean, that's just a prerequisite for this sort of work.  

Otherwise, what's really the point, right?

So, I really don't have a problem with it.  There's more common ground that divergence (still) than we might admit.  Might be hard to believe when we're behind these keyboards a lot of time, but when one is actually out there in the real world it's evident.

You can spot the fools duped by the Soviet propaganda machine because they regurgitate the buzzword phrases they’ve been fed; “so-called,” “like a fiddle,” “the libs,” etc. You all sound like someone pulled the string on the back of your Putin dolly. 

So far the right-wing commenters here are relying on gaslighting, straw men, and false equivalency. Not a single fact or citation to defend Comrade Trump. But I suppose if this was the guy I thought was a hero of the people, I’d have nothing to go on either.

donald-trump-ivanka-akward-moments-14.jp

?