Canon RP is now $999

Shell64

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It's a sign that we're flooded with options, but it's really hard for me to say this is a good deal for video shooters. There are better options out there in that price range. If you want to go with Canon you might as well go with the 90D, at least you'll get DPAF in 4K. The better battery life alone is worth the extra $200, not to mention 120p in FHD.

I'm considering it. Looks like a great stills camera. I had enough of smaller sensors for photos. For video I don't care much about dof and the eos r would be ideal if not too expensive for me. digital stabilization seems to work great and aestethically better than ibis. Just checking if this rp is better than m6ii and if eoshd picture profile works good enough. 

On 11/17/2019 at 11:33 AM, Dunjoye said:

I sold our in the end and went for the R

Did you find a huge quality difference? I tested a eos r yesterday and loved both 4k and hd. I wasn't able to tell much difference from the ipb and all-i, but I didn't test enough. So you don't recomend the rp for someone on a budget?

On 11/20/2019 at 6:08 PM, tomastancredi said:

I'm considering it. Looks like a great stills camera. I had enough of smaller sensors for photos. For video I don't care much about dof and the eos r would be ideal if not too expensive for me. digital stabilization seems to work great and aestethically better than ibis. Just checking if this rp is better than m6ii and if eoshd picture profile works good enough. 

Did you find a huge quality difference? I tested a eos r yesterday and loved both 4k and hd. I wasn't able to tell much difference from the ipb and all-i, but I didn't test enough. So you don't recomend the rp for someone on a budget?

I found the ipb to be quite jittery in motion and the All-I had a buttery motion to the eye. The All-I is easier to edit too. It reminds me of the mjpeg in character. 

Could have been a frame rate setting issue, but those additional MBs make a hell of a difference from my experience.