Anamorfake It!

Tito Ferradans

Hey guys!

I wanted to share my latest project and there's no better place than here, where I started! The price of scopes on ebay only goes up. To counter that I spent the last two years researching and testing out ways to achieve the anamorphic look WITHOUT actually using scopes - which I call "anamorfaking". Then I turned all of the research into a 170pg guide and put it up on my blog.

http://www.anamorfakeit.com

I get a lot of suspicious (not to say dismissive) looks when I say I'd rather shoot anamorfake than use most adapters out there. Many folks think that REAL anamorphic will always be superior and better. I'm here to challenge that perspective. If you go on the link above there's a quiz featuring ten images that mix anamorphic, anamorfake or both techniques. See how well you can tell them apart! If you get all correct, there's a discount for the new guide. ;)

You can also check the first few pages for free here: http://www.tferradans.com/anamorfake/TFerradans-AnamorfakeDemo.pdf

Have you ever used any tricks to craft the anamorphic look?
Lens mods, oval cutout filters, fishing line, letterboxing, etc

anamorfakeCover.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, leslie said:

nice to see you got it finished,  been waiting awhile to see what you were up to.

the link to the guide is active ?. It just hangs in space for me doesn't go anywhere at 6.30 pm on  a saterday if thats any help

Thanks Leslie! Yeah, the link should be active, this is to the page where you can take the quiz: http://www.tferradans.com/anamorfake

and this one is straight to the e-shop: https://anamorphic.e-junkie.com/product/1622776/Anamorfake-It-Until-You-Make-It21-Guide

i did the quiz.... 5/10,  which isnt that surprising as i think i overthought a couple of those photos. At least i can say i'm halfway knowledgeable ?

not sure why but it takes ages to load the shop page, several minutes for me anyway, but i found out this morning it does eventually get there. I'll end up buying the guide in a couple of weeks, i look forward to learning some more.

48 minutes ago, leslie said:

i did the quiz.... 5/10,  which isnt that surprising as i think i overthought a couple of those photos. At least i can say i'm halfway knowledgeable ?

not sure why but it takes ages to load the shop page, several minutes for me anyway, but i found out this morning it does eventually get there. I'll end up buying the guide in a couple of weeks, i look forward to learning some more.

Hahahaa, good way to interpret the result! If you want a hint, you can guess some of the answers based on who shot the photos. ;)

Weird! I'll reach support and ask what's up with that... I look forward to seeing your order!

5 hours ago, Tito Ferradans said:

Hahahaa, good way to interpret the result! If you want a hint, you can guess some of the answers based on who shot the photos. ;)

Weird! I'll reach support and ask what's up with that... I look forward to seeing your order!

i did consider googling the names, but i thought that was too much like cheating ?

While we are on the anamor_faking _it trail, i did make a frame to hold a piece of fishing line in front of the letus gopro. I was hoping to either change the flare colour with different colour line or add another flare. First impressions are pretty ordinary, i dont think my line is thin enough or  maybe because the gopro is pretty much everything is in focus, i can still see the line. I think i'll try to find some thinner line, maybe even some horse hair that way i can say definitively i tried everything.

goproanamorphic.jpg