43Rumours criticising Vitaily Kiselev for Clickbait

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

Look at this pair of kitchen items having an argument

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/22998/olympus-closure-is-near-can-happen-in-less-than-8-months/

https://www.43rumors.com/fake-rumors-olympus-will-not-quit-the-camera-business-within-8-months/

Olympus shutting down apparently, according to our favourite GH2 ex-hacker.

And 43rumours had the temerity to call someone out for fake news!

????????

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
38 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Look at this pair of kitchen items having an argument

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/22998/olympus-closure-is-near-can-happen-in-less-than-8-months/

https://www.43rumors.com/fake-rumors-olympus-will-not-quit-the-camera-business-within-8-months/

Olympus shutting down apparently, according to our favourite GH2 ex-hacker.

And 43rumours had the temerity to call someone out for fake news!

????????

I like it when rumour sites give a rating to the veracity of their own rumours.

Its pretty much the equivalent to people ranking their own farts.

My new favourite is when they are self important enough to announce the countdown to the unveiling of a new rumour.

"I'm going to announce something that is highly likely to be untrue but by ramping up your anticipation and making you wait for the announcement this gives it some degree of importance so you are far more likely to believe it to be true".

Which reminds me, when is the Tory manifesto being released ?

• Administrators

His powers of prediction failed him here though:

V.K.: FF bodies are not important, at all.
People like to talk about it. Many even buy them.
But from economic standpoint they are not very important.

I counted 34 adverts on that single page by the way, all with who-knows how many tracking cookies.

43rumours is like if I collected up all the Vietnamese spambot content and promoted it to occupy 8 tenths of the EOSHD home page.

• Super Members
32 minutes ago, kaylee said:

omg ???

kayleerumors (my future clickbait goldmine) is gonna do ALLLLL that stuff

heck, im just gonna back engineer rumors based on trends and what ppl want

pure fiction!! ima writer ?

I'm going to go for a new slant on the genre and start JohnsonRumours, where I post reports of statements that the Prime Minister has made that might actually be true.

I'll grant you the US franchise so you can do the same with TrumpRumors.

VK has been making bold/provocative predictions for years now, sometimes they have an element of truth to them, sometimes they don't.

12 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I like it when rumour sites give a rating to the veracity of their own rumours.

Its pretty much the equivalent to people ranking their own farts.

43rumors (and they other sites) are not ranking "their own rumors", but rather they're rating the trustworthiness of their sources. Which is a handy factoid to have! So we don't give the same weight to a wild brand new rumor from an unknown anonymous stranger as they do for someone who has been repeatedly accurate in the past. 

On 11/11/2019 at 8:34 AM, tweak said:

Those rumour sites are a joke.

Nah, they're fine, you just need to take everything with a huge grain of salt. The main problem with them is that people read a rumor and not only think it's 100% confirmed, they extrapolate whatever their dreams are from it. Like that recent firmware update from Panasonic - all 43rumors said that it's major and it's coming, yet people took it as "OMG GH5 6K RAW UPDATE CONFIRMED GUYS SELL YOUR POCKET CAMERAS NEW KING IS COMING"..  

• 2 weeks later...

So a real question, are these sites (since they are all connected) just a way to spam Luminar ads?

I didn't want to make a new thread about it but it's in every other or 3rd post and seem to be the only regular ad not run by ad network across all sites.
Some of them erks me enough to manually block the ads and make me not want to touch the software with a stick.