8K 360 Camera from Kandao

Ki Rin

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
19 minutes ago, Ki Rin said:

https://www.kandaovr.com/qoocam-8k/

This could be it. 

8K.

1/1.7-inch sensor

10-bit video.

12-bit stills. 

Wow.  It really could be.

7680*3840@30fps ∣ 10bit ∣ H.265 200Mbps (max)

8K is great, but I think it's the low bandwidth and bit-depth that have limited other cameras.  200mbps h265 is *very* promising in this regard.

This will be one to watch - let's hope that it delivers and that it's easy to use.  So many products have the tech spec but the app won't work or makes no sense, etc..

45 minutes ago, greenscreen said:

Remember 8k is four times 4k

Equivalent to 50Mbps in the end

although H.265

The resolution doesn't really matter, what kills 360 is the bitrate.

If you're cropping into this for a wide angle shot then you'll be taking a 90degree crop, which is 1/4 of the width and let's assume 1/2.5 the height (just for ease of maths). This means that you're using 10% of the total pixels, and 10% of the total bitrate.

If the source is 8K then you'll have a 2k crop.  Not bad.  The problem is that if that 8K was 100mbps, your 2k image will be 10mbps, which is just awful.

If the source was 4k but was raw, you'd have a 1k crop, but it would be raw.

Which would be the nicer image? 1k raw or 2k 10mbps?

Its the bitrate that kills these things, not the resolution.

4 hours ago, Emanuel said:

And without forgetting h.265 is more efficient than h.264 as for instance demanding for less bit rate straight out the box.

h265 is about half the size as equivalent quality h264.  

So this is equivalent to 400mbps h264.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Just a comment line. In a word to say the least: Impressive. The best bang for the buck today : -)

Only static shoot on the last video, camera is fixed on a tripod. Other test did not seems to show too much gain in details for reframed video. Photos seems a good step up but I don’t care too much for 360 photos. For me the interesting part is the reframing and there it does not seems to gain that much if any....

9 hours ago, gt3rs said:

Only static shoot on the last video, camera is fixed on a tripod. Other test did not seems to show too much gain in details for reframed video. Photos seems a good step up but I don’t care too much for 360 photos. For me the interesting part is the reframing and there it does not seems to gain that much if any....

There's no impressive reframing I've seen so far to be straightforward. This doesn't mean it can't be useful, it is, I firmly believe will variably end handy.

But, my impression is basically made on 10-bit and successive low light response and colour fidelity. What other device you have for that so light form factor, humm? ; -)

Let's reframe and refrain the whishful thinking...

No capture device tools you've heard about will likely suppress those ones you already are aware, that well-known functionality to serve your needs.

Horses for courses : )

That said, be ready for this game changer! LOL How to neglect 8K 360º acquisition? : -)

• 2 weeks later...