Spamming

Shell64

Hello everyone,,

The spamming on this forum has been yaluhack mobdro.org kodi ridiculous lately. Helsinki and Samop keep obviously spamming, but they haven’t been banned yet. Please Andrew, ban these spammers. 

————————————————————

I did not find the right solution on the internet:

http://www.advertising-case-study.org/1376.html

http://kodi.info/4452/

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

sometime ago mr reid did ask us to report spam via the report post link. All you can do is report it and downvote the offender. there's no benefit getting worked up over it. Hopefully at some point rather soon we get some house keeping done. I find It helps to get into the habit of checking who created the post before you dive in. If i'm bored i'll post something flippant in return.

11 hours ago, Shell64 said:

Hello everyone,,

The spamming on this forum has been yaluhack mobdro.org kodi ridiculous lately. Helsinki and Samop keep obviously spamming, but they haven’t been banned yet. Please Andrew, ban these spammers. 

————————————————————

I did not find the right solution on the internet:

http://www.advertising-case-study.org/1376.html

http://kodi.info/4452/

Thank you my issue has been solved,,,

...not really

apparently theres a block function somewhere on the forum, but others have used it ans still see posts so i have not bothered.  I have learnt to be skeptical of new posters. Seems like there's usually 2 spammers at a time, not counting tompeter. Sometimes i wonder if its better the devil you know. At the moment i can remember two names to watch out for easy enough, if they get blocked i'll have to watch out for some others, tompeter doesn't bother me much, never seen any good deals in the for sale section anyway. The dark cynical side of me  ? has mr reid collecting kickbacks but i try to not let him out very often.?

Honestly, the spamming is getting out of control here. The sale section is basically unusable right now. Same for the anamorphic forum which is constantly spammed with Vietnamese bots. 

I know moderating a forum can be tedious and after so many years I understand the lack of motivation to go through every single posts. But if @Andrew Reid is no longer motivated to do it, he should just name a moderator and be done with it. This forum has tools to instant ban a spammer. But you need to use them...

• Administrators

This is very strange.

Every day I pre-vet new posts from new users, and every day I ban at least 2 or 3 spambots.

So how they are getting through my approval queue, I don't know.

Are they cutting and pasting believable posts written by somebody previously on the forum to get through that step? I don't know.

I'll look into it.

Just created a post where you can report bots here:

• Super Members
32 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

This is very strange.

Every day I pre-vet new posts from new users, and every day I ban at least 2 or 3 spambots.

So how they are getting through my approval queue, I don't know.

Are they cutting and pasting believable posts written by somebody previously on the forum to get through that step? I don't know.

Rule of thumb lately is just google the first few lines of the post and you'll find that they are usually taking them off other forums so they do look believable.

I was reading one the other day thinking "this seems a familiar story" and it turned out it was because I'd written it so, yeah, they have started taking them off old threads on here as well.