DJI Mavic Mini just landed...

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
11 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

As a working professional I wouldn't use anything that only has auto controls, if they fix that it would be hard not to get one though.

I understand your point but 5DII had the same trouble and that didn't impede to be adopted and spread the mouth by the same professionals... : -)

I wouldn't discard a tool because works in auto mode. Not all tools, but a drone as for instance.

The point is: a tool is the one you can use ; )

Because of regulations, you'll be unable to shoot in so many circumstances...

Not for a planned shooting under controlled variables, of course.

3 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

I understand your point but 5DII had the same trouble and that didn't impede to be adopted and spread the mouth by the same professionals... : -)

I wouldn't discard a tool because works in auto mode. Not all tools, but a drone as for instance.

The point is: a tool is the one you can use.

Because of regulations, you'll be unable to shoot in many circumstances. Not for a planned shooting under controlled variables, of course.

That's true, but as a general investment I'd much prefer something else. US regulations are pretty lax right now fortunately (depending a bit on the state of course), unlike Canada. 

Of course if you want to be 100% legal without a license this would be a great way to make that happen. Hopefully other companies will follow suite. My Parrot Anafi is close to being the same weight just like 90grams over 

Well, I must confess I have a weakness for workarounds... LOL : )

This guy has something interesting on topic:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheFlytPath/videos

Without mention, here's a finest example where you probably won't be able to easily shoot with some distinct bigger one despite to be closer to Mavic format factor than Phantom-like birds for example -- I guess much an issue of weight 4x less, regulations and, therefore, freedom of use:

On 10/30/2019 at 3:49 PM, DaveAltizer said:

Let me know if you have any questions. Lack of manual video controls sucks. 2.7K is fine. No log sucks. No raw photos sucks. 

@DaveAltizer Hi Dave, can you please say something about the low-light capabilities?

Could not fine any review covering this... Since the sensor is tiny I don't expect much, but I would love to see it... 

Who needs 4K after all? : D Love the colors of this capture device BTW...

Something I've been thinking about is...

If 30p motion doesn't help to retain detail better than judder 24p :X without mention a better combo matched with 2.7K resolution, a midway in-between the more cinematic 1080p and crisp UHD...

It's not talking heads nor motion in its whole splendor other than little one coupled to ultra wide angle after all...

On 11/2/2019 at 2:01 AM, ntblowz said:

Only have link for the news atm, pretty sure the smaller battery should be available for purchase in the future.

https://amp.abacusnews.com/tech/djis-lightest-mavic-mini-isnt-available-everywhere/article/3035859

I'd also love to see such smaller 1,100mAh battery giving extra 50 grams room only to couple a Osmo Pocket (116 grams) there in the end which would bring 4K60p @ 100Mbps to a bird with just about 300 grams (!) allowing a payload perfectly at its flight range, I guess:

That said, I find it as the most interesting drone offer ever IMO, totally no brainer indeed : -)

Shot with my Mavic Mini today. Really enjoy the thing. It’s so small it fits perfectly in my camera bag and it just turns on and goes with no fuss. Sure it’s not manual controls.... but locking the exposure before you make a move is good enough. I need to soften the image in post and maybe throw filmconvert on it or something to make it look less “video” but I think this is gonna stay in my bag way more than the original simply because the size. 

This last one with a particular personal note... shot from the town where I went to the movie theater for my first time ever in my life more than 4 decades ago and in a way or another made my path until today : -)

image.thumb.png.19d6eb4a63f4991f82ac9393547f598f.png

As seen here, both 25p and 30p are available @ 2.7K and to those worried with low light, here's another sample, not by night though, which gives a fair idea about:

https://youtu.be/LcnBigf2EfY?t=559

Last but not least: