Canon 1DX III, FF 4k60p with 422 10bit internal

ntblowz

1 hour ago, Video Hummus said:

Well some one should tell Canon because their new RF lenses are heavier and bigger than their EF lenses.

Case and point:

EF 24-70 805grams 3.48 x 4.45" / 88.5 x 113 mm

RF 24-70 900grams 3.48 x 4.95" / 88.5 x 125.7 mm

The RF does have OIS so I’m not sure how much that effects the size. The weight increase can be forgiven I guess.

Their RF 70-200 2.8 weighs a pound less than the EF version

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 10/25/2019 at 10:32 PM, currensheldon said:

While the 1DX Mark III isn't exactly what I'd want in a camera, it is close. A bit smaller (S1 size), non-fixed screen, and the RF Mount would make this an instant buy for me. Canon's image and color (especially it's raw image from the C200 and (soon) C500) is just so freaking good. 

I'd be all over this one as well. My entire E-mount kit would hit the buy and sell boards pretty quick if this ever sees the light of day. The RF lenses are amazing, the bodies, meh....

Love the early specs of the 1dx3 since I shoot a ton of stills and video for every assignment, but I can't go back to a OVF or a fixed screen. 

Build it Canon!

Chris

I hadn't previously been aware of the oil splashing issue on their high end models like 1DXMk2.  When I looked further I found a refernce from Canon dated 2009 stating they would fix it going forward.  That does worry me if it has still not been addressed by now.

https://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/news/EOS_oil_spots.do

Probably only in a tiny minority of cameras, but fact is that we are not all high end photographers, so many users "treat themselves" to expensive kit beyond what is financially sensible.  Imagine getting a lemon in that situation.  But these Mk3 specs in a mirrorless could really tip me to getting one.

1 hour ago, Trek of Joy said:

I'd be all over this one as well. My entire E-mount kit would hit the buy and sell boards pretty quick if this ever sees the light of day. The RF lenses are amazing, the bodies, meh....

Love the early specs of the 1dx3 since I shoot a ton of stills and video for every assignment, but I can't go back to a OVF or a fixed screen. 

Build it Canon!

Chris

Yea exactly. Hard to use a fixed screen for video nowadays. And the RF mount would make the variable ND adapter available for EF lenses (though I like the RF versions much more and most are packing IS). But man, everything else in the 1DX III outside of its overall size is near perfect. Even with that size it is tempting due to the impressive battery life. Let's see when all the other specs are released, but Canon seems to be moving in the right direction quickly.

On 10/26/2019 at 3:53 AM, Michi said:

It shouldn‘t be so difficult to understand this: I am talking about the SIZE of the crop all the time. Scroll back and read again. 
And my point still stands: the SIZE of the crop IS determined by the sensors total resolution.

What you are doing is talking about WHY there is a crop at all. 

Maybe we can at least agree that we aren‘t talking about the same thing? 

It is not the resolution, it is the amount of oversampling a camera can handle. Technically footage that makes use of the full sensor size but line skips/pixel bins is undersampling.

5 hours ago, Sid said:

I hadn't previously been aware of the oil splashing issue on their high end models like 1DXMk2.  When I looked further I found a refernce from Canon dated 2009 stating they would fix it going forward.  That does worry me if it has still not been addressed by now.

https://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/news/EOS_oil_spots.do

Probably only in a tiny minority of cameras, but fact is that we are not all high end photographers, so many users "treat themselves" to expensive kit beyond what is financially sensible.  Imagine getting a lemon in that situation.  But these Mk3 specs in a mirrorless could really tip me to getting one.

I was worried about that, but I did lots of rapid shots (outdoor sports) and never had a drop of oil. I seriously cannot think of anything that I didn't like about that camera, aside from its size/weight and attention it drew in public. 

1 hour ago, Mokara said:

It is not the resolution, it is the amount of oversampling a camera can handle. Technically footage that makes use of the full sensor size but line skips/pixel bins is undersampling.

BRO, @Michi said this way back at the beginning and you've just been arguing for the sake of arguing.  He was saying that on the EOS R and the 1DX2 by using math it seems like the 4K crops were 1:1 readouts of different megapixel sensors, hence the different crop sizes. So he said if this continues this will have more crop on the Mk3 than on the Mk2 because of the higher megapixel count. Then he says at the end of his first post this could change with any kind of oversampling. So WHY keep arguing unless you're just trolling?

You're literally cluttering the EOSHD boards with your arguments and pro-Canon nonsense that's been proven wrong. Every once in a while you contribute something but it's only 10% of the time...

Michi's original post:

From my understanding the crop on this cameras is determined by the sensors total resolution.. That's why there's a 1.8 crop on the 31mp EOS R and a 1.3 crop on the 20mp 1DX II. Isn't it? So if the rumors are true that the 1DX III will have a 28mp sensor and Videos are still recorded from a 4K "cut out" of that sensor, the crop will be bigger than on the 1DX II... But only if there still is no full sensor read out of course...  

Did everyone already forget the massive amount of focus breathing in the RF primes? I've confirmed the zooms are good, but I'm a prime guy. If everything goes RF in the next few years, it will be another 6-12 years before you see a remake of the RF primes & they might have focus breathing bad too ?

On 10/28/2019 at 8:34 AM, nathlas said:

The contrary point.

RF lenses will be lighter and shorter from all their EF cousins.

Not necessarily.

The RF 50mm F1.2 weighs twice as much, is twice as long, feels twice as cheaper in build quality yet it costs twice as much as its EF counterpart!

Optically the RF certainly is superior in just about every way but it’s a bit odd when DSLR lenses dwarf Mirrorless ones.

On 10/25/2019 at 12:23 AM, Michi said:

Are we talking about the same cameras? eos r and eos 1dx2?
The math is easy:

for eos r: 36 / 6720 * 3840 = 20.6 -> 36 / 20.6 = 1.75

for eos 1dx: 36 / 5472 * 4096 = 27 -> 36 / 27 = 1.33 

@Mokara tell me again it's not the resolution. or... please don't. agree to disagree or whatever. 

@EthanAlexander Thank you Mr. Alexander for perfectly summarizing my point! 

• 1 month later...