Canon 1DX III, FF 4k60p with 422 10bit internal

ntblowz

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

No tilting screen is pretty shitty. 

That said looks like finally Canon is putting out something competitive. I am sure it will sell like hotcakes. Wonder if it'll be S1H range or more like $6000. 

Definitely $6000 or more, outside of no built in NDs and XLRs - kinda makes the C200 irrelevant. 

22 minutes ago, androidlad said:

The sensor is FF yes, but they never said 4K is FF, and is unlikely.

Source says internal RAW video is 6K 12bit up to 30P.

The 7-year old 1DC can shoot 4K with only a 1.3X crop. With a new sensor and dual DIGIC 9s, I'd back the 1DXiii to pull off full frame 4K at least in 24p.

Curios about the crop if any maybe it has one in 4k and none in 6k Raw assuming that it has this feature. In the b&h video they mention RAW video but it is nowhere else to be found. One strange thing is the internal wifi that is in the announcement text from canon.... why it should still have the wifi dongle (apparently for speed, range maybe?) but sounds a bit strange to me.

On the still side I'm really exited about the 20fps with both electronic and mechanical shutter. I use a lot remote cameras and for some sports the mechanical shutter noise is not an issue with the plus that you don't have problem with led billboards, skews etc... but on some others a fully silent is a big plus like ice-skating galas etc..

13 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

What makes it better than the S1H?

The Canon badge?

Or is it the $6000 price?

Internal RAW and really good autofocus, which is good because historically this is the spec for Canon cameras for the next 10 years ?

I'm more excited that HEIC images are being adopted outside the Apple ecosystem. It can be half the size of JPEG for the same quality ( or lossless ) and can have alternate display versions so an sRGB file for general viewing and then a 10-bit flat file for editing and that edit data can be kept in the file rather than as a sidecar or in a database. 

• Super Members

C-LOG, RAW, 10 bit 4:2:2, seemingly FF rather than APS-H, DPAF....

If you look at it as a mark II of the 1D-C at not far off a third of its original selling price its pretty compelling.

It augurs well for what a pro EOS-R could do as all that video spec would be enhanced further with the shallower mount for the vari ND and PL lens capability etc.

They'll find some way not to do that though of course.

Or at least not for a good while.

"... greater image quality, at even higher ISOs, with the ability to capture stills in 10-bit using the HEIF (High Efficiency Image File) file format. HEIF produces wider dynamic range and greater color representation compared to JPEG. The power of 4K resolution brings stories to life – shoot 4K videos including 4K60p with 10-bit 4:2:2 Canon Log internal recording."

Finally 4-2-2 10-bit and at 4k60p. And improved lowlight. No mention of 6k though. And newsshooter.com says that Canon mentioned internal RAW (though knowing Canon, one should probably take that with a pinch of salt). 

No mention of 6k. 

First of all Bravo to Canon. 
Nobody here thought I would ever said that, but that’s because people say you are a fan boy of the competitor brand when you say a camera suck. Canon camera were sucking. This one is a great job. 
This year Sony sucks in fact.

It is still not for me because way too big body, but I am sure it will make lots of people happy. Also it will push others to do something great. Now we have the chance to see 4k60p 10 bits in A7SIII.