The camera slider is underrated

Shell64

• 7 months later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Bump this up because today I found this out newer konova slider exists:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1550975-REG/konova_p1_s2_80_motorized_carbon_slider_p180cm.html

I have used sliders over the years and have an earlier konova slider with a motor and all this stuff and I never really used it that much.

I got a gimbal and eventually just kinda of used that for most video movement. 

My main gripe with my konova was I had an earlier controller that didn't have proper timelapse functionality and although motorized sliders are cool for video, I feel like they're better utilized as a timelapse tool.

I went ahead and grabbed this one because the controller has that functionality now the new design looks good with that built in parallax thingy and the price was right.

I'll post back when it arrives and I get to check it out, but I thought it was worth sharing.

1 minute ago, homestar_kevin said:

I went ahead and grabbed this one because the controller has that functionality now the new design looks good with that built in parallax thingy and the price was right.

I'll post back when it arrives and I get to check it out, but I thought it was worth sharing.

It does look good! Nice price also, especially for its length.

Keep us posted!

10 minutes ago, heart0less said:

It does look good! Nice price also, especially for its length.

Keep us posted!

Yeah, I ordered direct from the konova site and they have 4 size options total from 60cm-120cm, all priced within $25 of each other, so it seems like a great option for timelapse stuff.

I'll report back soon

• 1 year later...
On 10/19/2019 at 7:34 PM, Shell64 said:

I love slider shots. And it feels like today there is an obsession with gimbals. Honestly the shots most people do with gimbals looks boring now a days, and even when trying to keep the gimbal steady, the camera obviously looks like it’s floating.  I like the look of a slider. It looks like a gimbal moving, but without the “floating in the air thing.”  They aren’t used too much, and one can make beautiful camera movements with one. There is something about the camera being locked down and moving compared to a gimbal where the camera is “floating and moving.”

You can also say the same for locked off shots, especially with long lenses.

10 hours ago, Marcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

If someone have a VEEEEERY low budget for a motorized slider (and a small camera), I have this gizmo and it works well:

https://www.amazon.com/Kingjoy-Motorized-Electric-Photography-Smartphone/dp/B073XNVFZQ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

What a sweet gadget, had no idea about its existence, irresistible order :- )